Pinki to undergo medical test Tuesday (Lead)June 18th, 2012 - 9:54 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, June 18 (IANS) Asian Games gold medallist athlete Pinki Pramanik, accused of being a male and currently remanded to judicial custody for alleged rape, will undergo a gender determination test Tuesday, police said.
“Pramanik will be taken for a gender determination test at a government hospital Tuesday,” Rajib Kumar, commissioner of police for Bidhannagar said.
The athlete had refused to undergo the test twice on earlier occasion.
Pramanik was arrested late Thursday night and remanded to 14 days’ judicial custody by a court Friday after the athlete’s live-in partner, a divorcee and a mother of one, filed a police complaint accusing the athlete of being a male who repeatedly “raped and tortured” her.
Subsequent to the arrest, Pramanik was taken to a private nursing home for a medical check-up where the test reports showed that the former athlete was indeed a male.
Pramanik, however, claimed innocence and said it was a conspiracy.
Pramanik, who retired from athletics three years ago, won gold in the 4×400 metres relay at the 2006 Asian Games in Doha in Qatar. She was a silver medallist at the Melbourne Commonwealth Games the same year.
The Eastern Railway with which the athlete is a ticket collector Sunday suspended Pramanik following her remand to judicial custody.
- Pinki undergoes sex test - Jun 19, 2012
- Pinki undergoes medical test, result Tuesday - Jun 18, 2012
- Pinki to face gender test Monday - Jun 16, 2012
- Asiad gold medallist sent to judicial custody for 'rape' (Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- Former athlete Pinki Pramanik gets bail - Jul 10, 2012
- It's a conspiracy, says family of arrested Asiad medallist (Second lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- Athlete Pinki undergoes gender test again in Kolkata - Jun 25, 2012
- Pinki Pramanik suspended from railways' job - Jun 17, 2012
- Pinki denied bail, remanded to further judicial custody - Jun 29, 2012
- Athlete Pinki's blood sample taken for chromosomal test - Jul 02, 2012
- Arrested for rape, Asiad gold medallist Pinki presented in court - Jun 15, 2012
- Pinki undergoes gender test, medical board seeks more time (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Pinki files theft complaint against live-in partner - Jul 15, 2012
- Pinki released from jail, alleges being framed (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Pinki undergoes sex test (Lead) - Jun 19, 2012
Tags: asian games, athlete, commissioner of police, divorcee, doha, eastern railway, games gold, gender determination, gold medallist, government hospital, judicial custody, medical check, medical test, melbourne commonwealth games, police complaint, remand, silver medallist, test reports, thursday night, ticket collector