Pinki reinstated in Railway job, joins dutyAugust 10th, 2012 - 10:02 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Aug 10 (IANS) Asian Games gold medallist athlete Pinki Pramanik, who was accused of being a male and arrested for allegedly raping a woman, has been reinstated in her Railways job after her suspension order was revoked, officials said Friday.
“Yes, it is true that Pinki Pramanik has joined back the duty from yesterday (Thursday),” said an Eastern Railway spokesman.
Pramanik, who worked with Eastern Railway as ticket collector, was placed under suspension after her arrest.
But after the submission of a copy of the bail order, the railways decided to revoke the decision to suspend her.
Pramanik was released July 11 after 26 days in a West Bengal jail in judicial custody. She was granted bail by the district and sessions judge of North 24-Parganas.
Pinki’s live-in partner, a mother of one, accused her of being a male and raping her over a period, leading to her arrest.
- Pinki Pramanik suspended from railways' job - Jun 17, 2012
- Pinki to face gender test Monday - Jun 16, 2012
- Pinki undergoes sex test - Jun 19, 2012
- Pinki undergoes medical test, result Tuesday - Jun 18, 2012
- Arrested for rape, Asiad gold medallist Pinki presented in court - Jun 15, 2012
- Pinki denied bail, remanded to further judicial custody - Jun 29, 2012
- Athlete Pinki's blood sample taken for chromosomal test - Jul 02, 2012
- Asiad gold medallist sent to judicial custody for 'rape' (Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- Athlete Pinki undergoes gender test again in Kolkata - Jun 25, 2012
- Pinki to undergo medical test Tuesday (Lead) - Jun 18, 2012
- It's a conspiracy, says family of arrested Asiad medallist (Second lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- Pinki undergoes gender test, medical board seeks more time (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Pinki's gender test report reaches hospital - Jul 09, 2012
- Pinki undergoes sex test (Lead) - Jun 19, 2012
- MMS showing Pinki undergoing gender test goes viral online - Jul 02, 2012