Pinki Pramanik released from jailJuly 11th, 2012 - 12:36 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 11 (IANS) After spending 26 days in jail, Asian Games gold medal athlete Pinki Pramanik was Wednesday released from a correctional home in West Bengal’s North 24 Parganas district. Pramanik, who after being accused of being a male had been in judicial custody for alleged rape, was given bail Tuesday.
She had been housed in the Dum Dum Central Correctional Home. Pramanik had been in judicial custody since June 15.
Pramanik, who retired from athletics three years ago, won gold in the 4×400 metres relay at the 2006 Asian Games in Doha in Qatar. The runner was a silver medallist at the Melbourne Commonwealth Games the same year.
- Athlete Pinki undergoes gender test again in Kolkata - Jun 25, 2012
- Former athlete Pinki Pramanik gets bail - Jul 10, 2012
- Pinki undergoes gender test, medical board seeks more time (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Pinki undergoes sex test - Jun 19, 2012
- Asiad gold medallist sent to judicial custody for 'rape' (Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- It's a conspiracy, says family of arrested Asiad medallist (Second lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- Pinki files theft complaint against live-in partner - Jul 15, 2012
- New case filed against Pinki Pramanik - Jul 13, 2012
- Pinki undergoes medical test, result Tuesday - Jun 18, 2012
- Former athlete Pinki Pramanik gets bail (Lead) - Jul 10, 2012
- Pinki denied bail, remanded to further judicial custody - Jun 29, 2012
- Pinki's gender test report reaches hospital - Jul 09, 2012
- Pinki alleges harassment in police custody (Second Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Athlete Pinki's blood sample taken for chromosomal test - Jul 02, 2012
- Pinki to undergo medical test Tuesday (Lead) - Jun 18, 2012