Pietersen to auction Ashes shirt, bat to help Oz flood victimsJanuary 11th, 2011 - 1:25 pm ICT by ANI
Adelaide (Australia), Jan.11 (ANI): England batsman Kevin Pietersen has generously offered to auction a shirt and bat he used during England’s Ashes triumph to raise money for the Queensland flood victims.
The highest bidder will also be rewarded with flights, accommodation and two tickets for the upcoming one-day international against Australia in Perth.
According to Fox Sports, Pietersen described the floods as “horrific” and said bidding will begin within the next 24 hours.
Flash floods have swept through north-east of Queensland, killing at least eight people and leaving 11 others missing. (ANI)
- Pietersen bats for Queensland flood victims - Jan 11, 2011
- Pietersen's 'Ashes kit' auction's winner vanishes without trace - Jan 28, 2011
- Pietersen driven to raise money after watching devastation of Queensland floods - Jan 15, 2011
- Pietersen shocked, disappointed by hoax bid on Queensland flood fundraiser - Jan 31, 2011
- Sport superstars take aim at flood - Jan 13, 2011
- Pietersen asked to be careful about his tweets - Dec 11, 2010
- Anderson's return home, Pietersen are England's Ashes concerns: Flower - Dec 14, 2010
- England's recent triumphs over Australia no reflection of Ashes chances: Pietersen - Jul 14, 2010
- Panesar, Tremlett recalled in England's 16-man squad for Ashes - Sep 24, 2010
- Pietersen is destined to be England's first great cricketer since Botham: Roebuck - Dec 06, 2010
- England's World Cup campaign has been helped by injuries: Pietersen - Jan 30, 2011
- Strauss expects 'outstanding player' Pietersen to shine during Ashes series - Oct 31, 2010
- Australians still vulnerable, under pressure: Pietersen - Dec 23, 2010
- Adelaide glory wipes out painful memories of previous Oz tour: Pietersen - Dec 08, 2010
- We will be better prepared against Johnson: Pietersen - Dec 22, 2010