Pietersen reprimanded for ICC conduct breachOctober 30th, 2011 - 9:59 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Oct 30 (IANS) England batsman Kevin Pietersen has been reprimanded for breaching the International Cricket Council (ICC) code of conduct during the one-off Twenty20 international game against India Saturday.
Pietersen was found to have breached level 1 code which relates to “showing dissent at an umpire’s decision during an international match”.
The incident took place following Pietersen’s dismissal, when he was ruled out lbw off Suresh Raina’s bowling.
He was charged by on-field umpires Sudhir Asnani and S. Ravi, third umpire Vineet Kulkarni and fourth umpire K. Srinath.
The matter was determined by the match referee Roshan Mahanama and so there was no requirement for a full hearing.
“As an experienced cricketer, Kevin should know that when the umpire raises his finger, a player should leave the crease without showing his emotions no matter what he may think of the decision,” Mahanama said.
“In this case, Kevin displayed excessive and obvious disappointment at the decision which sent the wrong signals to all those watching the match at the ground and on television, and as such merited some form of action.”
- Kohli reprimanded for 'showing dissent' on his dismissal - Dec 06, 2011
- Bresnan fined for showing dissent against umpires in Mohali - Oct 21, 2011
- McCullum reprimanded for dissent - Aug 26, 2012
- Scoreboard: India vs England, Twenty20 - Oct 29, 2011
- Amit Mishra fined 10 percent of match fee - Jun 22, 2011
- India win toss, elect to bat (Lead) - Oct 14, 2011
- Raina fined for showing dissent - Jun 30, 2011
- ODI Scoreboard: England's innings against India - Oct 20, 2011
- ICC fines Rampaul, reprimands Sammy - Jun 24, 2011
- Scoreboard of England's innings against India in 4th ODI - Oct 23, 2011
- Bresnan reprimanded for breaching ICC Code of Conduct - Feb 28, 2011
- Scoreboard: India vs England, fourth ODI - Oct 23, 2011
- Scoreboard of India innings against West Indies, Fifth ODI - Dec 11, 2011
- Porterfield reprimanded for breaching ICC Code of Conduct - Mar 14, 2011
- Dilshan fined by ICC for excessive appealing - Apr 06, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,