‘Pie Chucker’ Yuvraj offers bowling tips to PietersenDecember 22nd, 2008 - 10:39 pm ICT by IANS
Mohali, Dec 22 (IANS) Yuvraj Singh entered the media conference hall here Monday announcing that the “Pie Chucker is coming”.”I know this will be the first question and that is why I myself said that ‘Pie Chucker’ is coming. I do not know the meaning of this. If it means a useless bowler, then how a Pie Chucker could get wickets?” said Yuvraj after the end of the fourth day’s play in the second cricket Test against England here.
He was reacting to England captain Kevin Pietersen calling Yuvraj “a left-arm filth and a Pie Chucker” at Sunday’s media interaction after third day’s play.
“I have got the wicket of Pietersen in the last few matches. Then I can also call him be a useless batsman because he fell to a Pie Chucker. I am ready to give some bowling tips to Pietersen if he approaches me,” he said.
On a serious note, Yuvraj said: “Pietersen is a phenomenal batsman and he really played well in the first innings. We have competition only on the field and off it we are good friends. There is a healthy competition between the two teams and we have not bad mouthed anyone.”
on the match, he said: “Anything can happen on Tuesday. Things will be difficult for England as any total to chase on day five will be difficult.”
About his Test career, Yuvraj said: “There is no threat to it, this is all a media speculation. I have three Test hundreds and my knock of unbeaten 85 in the second innings while chasing 378 in Chennai was one of the best.”
- Pietersen pays Yuvraj a visit - Apr 12, 2012
- Pietersen calls Yuvraj 'filth', says England may not win - Dec 21, 2008
- Yuvraj returns home after winning battle against cancer (Roundup) - Apr 09, 2012
- Yuvraj has now become a genuine all-rounder - Apr 02, 2011
- Never had to work as hard in a Test match : Pietersen - Jul 23, 2011
- Pietersen says 'entertainer' Gayle would be great for series - May 23, 2012
- One should not write a book in mid-career: Pietersen - Oct 30, 2011
- Kohli, Ojha to replace Yuvraj, Harbhajan in England (Lead) - Aug 03, 2011
- Pietersen's inability to handle left-arm spin, not giant ego his Achilles heel - Nov 19, 2010
- Swann lauds Pietersen, Finn - Oct 30, 2011
- Important we show confidence in Yuvraj: Dhoni - Nov 17, 2011
- Sreesanth attributes his success to stint with Donald - Jul 30, 2011
- Raina stakes his claim for first Test with century - Jul 17, 2011
- Important to dismiss West Indies early: Ishant - Jul 10, 2011
- A satisfying century: Yuvraj - Mar 21, 2011