Picking ManU playing 11 biggest nightmare for FergusonFebruary 18th, 2009 - 2:24 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 18 (ANI): Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has said the whole squad is playing so well at the moment that it is proving a nightmare to choose the final 11 and tell some of his stars that they are left out.
Ferguson said: Everyone has done so well that Im beginning to dread picking the team. I feel guilty when I am forced to leave someone out who has not only done nothing wrong but who has played exceptionally well.
It puts the club in a strong position, of course, but it doesnt make the managers job very easy, The Sun quoted him, as saying.
Fergie has a big seven days ahead of him, in which he has to pick three teams.
Tonight, they take on Fulham, then it is Blackburn at home on Saturday followed by a Champions League crunch in the San Siro against Inter Milan next Tuesday.
He will want to field his strongest team against the Italian champions, but right now he admits to not knowing what that is.
Fergie said: People sometimes ask me what I consider to be my best side and the short answer is that I dont have one. I can give you my best 14 or 15 but, better than that, all I can say is that its a squad game and we have a damn fine squad. In fact the best!
The Club World Cup is in the bag and Manchester United have a date at Wembley against Tottenham in the Carling Cup final on March 1.
Victory over Derby on Sunday booked them a trip to Swansea or Fulham in the FA Cup last eight.
And, tonight, they can go five points clear of nearest Premier League rivals Liverpool in their long-awaited game in hand. (ANI)
- Barcelona the best team we've faced, says Ferguson - May 29, 2011
- Fergie labels modern-day footie players 'babies' - Nov 01, 2010
- Scholes returns to Manchester United - Jan 09, 2012
- Rooney won't play Euro 2012, Olympics: FA - Apr 22, 2012
- Rooney kept out of England squad for Spain, Sweden friendlies - Nov 07, 2011
- Four English teams will reach Champions League quarterfinals: Ferguson - Feb 20, 2011
- Tottenham could sell Gareth Bale - Apr 10, 2011
- Fergie has his plate full, can't take each game as it comes - May 04, 2011
- Last-minute thrillers render Chelsea win, Arsenal loss - Jan 03, 2012
- Tottenham tried but failed to sign Man U's Ferdinand: Redknapp - Apr 11, 2011
- Roy Hodgson to take over as England soccer manager - May 02, 2012
- Rooney back for clash against Manchester City - Apr 14, 2010
- Bullish Fergie not expecting Man U to capitulate to A C Milan - Feb 16, 2010
- Fergie, Man U board to fight Roo's two-match FA ban - Apr 05, 2011
- Valencia can be key in reviving Man U's treble bid - Mar 11, 2011
Tags: alex ferguson, awaited game, carling cup, club world cup, dread, fa cup, fergie, five points, fulham, inter milan, italian champions, league rivals, london feb, manchester united, manu, premier league, san siro, short answer, sir alex ferguson, wembley