Phillies: Winners Of The Longest Match Of National LeagueOctober 12th, 2009 - 6:19 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Denver, Oct 12, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Longest match in the history of National League was played this Sunday between Rockies and Phillies. The exciting game came to an end with Phillies having a score of 6 and Colorado Rockies 5.
The game was played in an chilly weather but Phillies were highly charged up throughout the match and won the match by one run. Brad Lidge played well in the game and contributed for his team’s win in the game. He has been one of the most talented players of the team and have played wonderfully in the match. Lidge had played in an outstanding manner and have once again proved his worth. Both the teams played well and in ninth innings of the match, the score for the teams were tied at 5-5. Then Ryan Howard of Philadelphia Phillies made sacrifice fly which helped Jimmy Rollins earn a score and make his team win.
With this win, the Phillies holds a lead of 2-0 in this series. Phillies will have to play Los Angeles Dodgers in National League Championship Series if they will win the Game 4 of the playoffs. There were several speculations related to the game of Sunday night as the wintry weather condition was not favorable for the game. The players had to face tough challenges from the weather but that did not affect the game. For 4 hours and 6 minutes, players of both the team tried to put maximum efforts and win. 11 relievers and pitching made the game to last for such a long duration. Prior to this game, the match of Mets vs Dodgers in 2006 lasted for 3 hours and 51 minutes, making it the longest game.
- Phillies Winning Streak Continues In Phillies-Dodgers Game 4 - Oct 20, 2009
- NJIT professor projects 2011 Major League Baseball winners using math - Apr 02, 2011
- Chan Ho Park: Good Comeback - Oct 16, 2009
- Phillies Wins Phillies-Dodgers Game 5 And NLCS Series - Oct 22, 2009
- Phillies Defeats Dodgers In Game 3 - Oct 19, 2009
- Dodgers Score Victory Against Phillies - Oct 17, 2009
- Jimmy Rollins Strains Right Calf - Apr 13, 2010
- Yankees Defeats Angeles & Takes On Phillies For World Series Game - Oct 26, 2009
- Giants Knocks Down Phillies In Game 6 Of NLCS - Oct 25, 2010
- Chase Utley Hits Record Tying Five Homers - Nov 03, 2009
- Yankees Player Andy Pettite Ensures His Team's Victory - Nov 01, 2009
- World Series Game 5 Score: Phillies Clinches Victory Over Yankees - Nov 03, 2009
- Jayson Werth's New Bearded Look - Feb 23, 2010
- Yankees Get 2-1 Lead Over Phillies In World Series Game 3 - Nov 01, 2009
- World Series 2010 Has Been Scheduled - Oct 23, 2010
Tags: brad lidge, chilly weather, colorado rockies, duration, jimmy rollins, kar, league championship series, los angeles dodgers, match, maximum efforts, meena, mets, national league championship series, philadelphia phillies, ryan howard, sacrifice fly, speculations, talented players, weather condition, wintry weather