Phillies Defeats Dodgers In Game 3October 19th, 2009 - 6:42 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar,
Philadelphia, October 19, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Philadelphia Phillies defeated the Los Angeles Dodgers in the Sunday game and the final score of the match was 11-0. With this win Phillies have gained a strong position in National League Championship Series. They had played tactfully and dominated throughout the match.
Los Angeles Dodgers has a strong team in this season but they were not allowed to show much of their skills in the match. Hiroki Kuroda, the starters of the Los Angeles Dodgers did not get the opportunity to play two innings. Phillies had played tactfully against Kuroda which made him struggle for runs. The Dodgers were quite disappointed after losing the game.
Cliff Lee had played well in the game and had contributed to the victory of Philadelphia Phillies. The starting pitcher for the Phillies had dominated the opponents and did not allow them to put up scores. His offense in the match was excellent and that helped the team in making runs against Dodgers. Pedro Martinez was happy with the performance the team. He praised Lee for the way he played and said,”This is a guy that came over to carry that load on his back and he’s reacting perfectly to what he’s supposed to do.”
Carlos Ruiz had also played well against the Dodgers. He had dominated the pitching of the Los Angeles Dodgers and had scored two hits. By registering a win against the Dodgers, Phillies had got 2-0 lead in this series. Los Angeles Dodgers are under pressure and would have to improve their performance if they want to win the coming matches.
- Phillies Winning Streak Continues In Phillies-Dodgers Game 4 - Oct 20, 2009
- Chan Ho Park: Good Comeback - Oct 16, 2009
- Phillies Wins Phillies-Dodgers Game 5 And NLCS Series - Oct 22, 2009
- Dodgers Score Victory Against Phillies - Oct 17, 2009
- Hiroki Kuroda Gets Hospitalized After Temple Injury - Aug 16, 2009
- Phillies: Winners Of The Longest Match Of National League - Oct 12, 2009
- NJIT professor projects 2011 Major League Baseball winners using math - Apr 02, 2011
- Yankees Defeats Angeles & Takes On Phillies For World Series Game - Oct 26, 2009
- Texas Rangers land Ryan Dempster - Aug 01, 2012
- Chase Utley Hits Record Tying Five Homers - Nov 03, 2009
- Los Angeles Dodgers Acquire Scott Podsednik - Jul 29, 2010
- Giants Knocks Down Phillies In Game 6 Of NLCS - Oct 25, 2010
- Yankees Get 2-1 Lead Over Phillies In World Series Game 3 - Nov 01, 2009
- Yankees Vs Angels Game 6 Called Off Due To Rain - Oct 25, 2009
- Matsui And Teixeira Win It For The Yankees - Oct 30, 2009
Tags: carlos ruiz, final score, game, hiroki kuroda, kar, league championship series, los angeles dodgers, match, national league championship, national league championship series, october 19, opponents, pedro martinez, philadelphia phillies, play two, starters, starting pitcher, struggle, victory