Philippines lauds boxert Pacquiao despite defeatJune 10th, 2012 - 6:22 pm ICT by IANS
Manila, June 10 (IANS) The Philippines government Sunday hailed Manny Pacquiao although he failed to defend his World Boxing Organisation welterweight belt after losing to American Timothy Bradley.
Deputy presidential spokeswoman Abigail Valte said in a statement that the entire Filipino people still support Pacquiao.
She said that the Congressman again showed the endurance and strength of a Filipino abroad, that whatever defeat he might encounter, he will continue to fight for the honour of the country, reported Xinhua.
Valte urged the public to pray for Pacquiao’s immediate recovery.
In a split decision, Bradley overpowered Pacquiao in a 12-round match held in Las Vegas Saturday.
- Pacquiao loses WBO title on split decision - Jun 10, 2012
- Filipino boxer Pacquiao hails WBO decision - Jun 21, 2012
- Pacquiao willing to fight Mayweather Junior - Jan 11, 2012
- Brit boxer Khan ready to take on superstar pal Manny Pacquiao - Apr 18, 2011
- LA Galaxy thrash Philippine Azkal 6-1 - Dec 04, 2011
- Manny Pacquiao Lives Up To The Expectations Of His Fans - Nov 14, 2010
- Designer outfits for Filipino Olympians at London - Jun 20, 2012
- Manny Pacquiao Takes Legal Action Against Floyd Mayweather Over Drugs Controversy - Jan 01, 2010
- Adam Carolla Apologizes To The Filipino Society - Apr 06, 2010
- Phenomenal Pacquiao knocks-out Hatton in second-round - May 03, 2009
- Arrest warrant reissued for boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr. - Dec 17, 2010
- Brit Muslim boxer to take on Mayweather, Pacquiao in a year's time - May 04, 2010
- Manny Pacquiao takes Cotto's WBO welterweight title - Nov 16, 2009
- Philippines celebrates Pacquiao's victory over Hatton - May 03, 2009
- Brit-Muslim boxer Khan to quit sport by 2014 - Dec 20, 2010