Phil Kessel Gets Into NHL All-Star GameJanuary 29th, 2011 - 8:59 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Jan 29, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Phil Kessel probably had the day which he has been waiting for really long. The 23 year old hockey player from Toronto Maple Leafs, has been selected for the 2011 NHL All-Star Game fantasy draft. No wonder, considering his performance in the last few games and his consistent achievements, getting selected in the NHL All-Star was quite well deserved for the young hockey star.
Yesterday, Eric Staal and Nicklas Lidstrom decided their teams and Phil Kessel was selected by the latter. Nicklas Lidstrom said that he quite happy with his last pick. Phil Kessel will continue to play as a forward, while getting accompanied by Martin St. Louis, Patrick Kane, Steven Stamkos, Danny Briere, Jonathan Toews and Brad Richards in the same position. However, he was the last pick by the captain after Paul Stastny, to become the eighteenth and the last member of the team. However, apparently, Phil Kessel does not really mind being the last pick. He said that he is just having fun and wants play the game properly. He also added that as a child he never dreamed about being a part of NHL All-Star Game. To him, getting selected in the team itself is a huge achievement and a break in his career. Zdeno Chara, his friend said that it was a big deal to get selected in this team and on that note someone had to be first, while another had to be last.
However, for both the captains, Phil Kessel was reportedly not one of the options. Reports say that they had different opinion about World Juniors 2005 gold medalist. Infact they preferred Tyler Seguin to Phil Kessel, but the latter was supported by Brian Burke, the Toronto general manager.
- Taylor Hall And Tyler Seguin: The Early Birds At The NHL Drafts - Jun 26, 2010
- Chicago Blackhawks Loses To Colorado In NHL - Oct 08, 2010
- Yaroslavl ice hockey team wiped out in plane crash - Sep 08, 2011
- Former NHL Head Coach Pat Burns Dies After Losing Battle Against Cancer - Nov 20, 2010
- Blackhawks Trade Dustin Byfuglien To Atlanta Thrashers - Jun 24, 2010
- Chris Bosh's 911 call for dying masseuse released - Jun 13, 2012
- Champion Russian wrestler dies of heart attack at 35 - Sep 13, 2012
- Putin trains with Russian ice hockey legends - Nov 19, 2011
- Malaysian PM applauds ethnic Indian player via Twitter - Jan 18, 2011
- Kobe Bryant is suffering from concussion - Feb 29, 2012
- NHL Awards 2010 Turns Out To Be A Star Studded Affair - Jun 24, 2010
- Pat Burns Rubbishes His Death Rumor, Says "I Am Alive" - Sep 18, 2010
- Houston awarded 2013 NBA All-Star Game - Feb 09, 2012
- Bryant overtakes Jordan to lead NBA All-Star score - Feb 27, 2012
- Former NHL players feared dead in Russian plane crash - Sep 07, 2011
Tags: brad richards, brian burke, danny briere, eric staal, fantasy draft, game fantasy, gold medalist, hockey star, jonathan toews, martin st louis, meena, nhl all star game, nicklas lidstrom, patrick kane, paul stastny, phil kessel, steven stamkos, toronto maple leafs, world juniors 2005, zdeno chara