Phil Hughes punched by a stranger in a barDecember 29th, 2011 - 7:05 pm ICT by IANS
Sydney, Dec 29 (IANS) Australia’s axed Test opener Phil Hughes was punched by a stranger while he was drinking, and lost his shirt during the melee that took place at the Star Hotel in Macksville on the Boxing Day.
According to eyewitnesses, Hughes, who spent the day at the Bowraville Races before arriving at the Star Hotel, was involved in a bust-up with another patron Monday night. They were involved in a scuffle and the cricketer was escorted from the premises by pub security. The incident was not reported to police.
Hughes’ manager James Henderson said that, while there was an altercation, Hughes was not the instigator.
“Phil was with a big group of friends and family and they were approached by another guy who had had a bit to drink and was giving (Hughes) some lip. The man who punched Phil wasn’t with his group at all. He just came at Phil and hit him for whatever reason and he was later escorted from the premises,” Henderson was quoted as saying by The Herald Sun.
“Phil was not escorted from the hotel. He came back after changing his shirt and stayed on until it closed just after 9 p.m.,” Henderson said.
- David Sale Death: Bachelor Party Turns To Bar Brawl - Jul 27, 2009
- Sean Bean stabbed in arm? - Jun 15, 2011
- Clarke not averse to recalling Katich in Australian team - Dec 16, 2011
- Barca ace Messi's double ensures Fergie's worst Champions League nightmare - Apr 28, 2011
- Galliano stripped of French honour - Aug 26, 2012
- 'Nawab' Saif's bad boy behaviour continues - Feb 22, 2012
- Lily Allen Involved In Altercation With Courtney Love - Mar 01, 2010
- Boy George ecstatic over being clean for two years - Oct 09, 2010
- Policeman, officials scuffle at Bengal assembly complex - Mar 24, 2011
- Run fest expected in Napier ODI - Jan 31, 2011
- Golden-Voiced Man Ted Williams Arrested For Altercation, Then Headed To Rehab - Jan 13, 2011
- LaBeouf handcuffed after bar brawl - Feb 06, 2011
- Rihanna's bodyguard scuffled with paparazzo? - Jun 27, 2012
- Axed Oz opener Hughes takes off from cricket, heads for farm - Feb 12, 2011
- Kerry Katona in the clear over alleged bust-up with her accountant - Oct 13, 2009
Tags: altercation, australia, boxing day, bust, cricketer, eyewitnesses, friends and family, herald sun, instigator, james henderson, macksville, melee, monday night, patron, phil hughes, premises, star hotel, stranger, sydney