PHF warns players to stay away from World Series HockeyNovember 15th, 2011 - 9:17 pm ICT by IANS
Karachi, Nov 15 (IANS) The Pakistan Hockey Federation (PHF) has warned its players against participating in the $2 million World Series Hockey (WSH) scheduled in India from next month.
WSH is being organised by the Nimbus Sports and Indian Hockey Federation (IHF), which is not affiliated to the International Hockey Federation (FIH).
“Our national team will play against China who are touring Pakistan from Dec 19. Pakistani players will not take part in WSH,” said PHF general secretary Asif Bajwa.
“FIH has sent a communication which states that this league is unsanctioned so the players affiliated to us will have to stay away from it.”
Nine players from Pakistan have signed up for WSH.
- Pakistani hockey players could face action for ties with WSH - Apr 24, 2011
- Six top Indian hockey players pull out of WSH - Nov 30, 2011
- Pakistan's Shakeel Abbasi braves ban to play in WSH - Mar 02, 2012
- PHF warns hockey players to leave 'controversial league' WSH or face action - Apr 22, 2011
- PHF issues show cause notices to three key players - Apr 24, 2011
- Players have to decide between India and WSH: Hockey India - Nov 16, 2011
- HI requests SAI not to allow WSH at National Stadium - Nov 29, 2011
- HC verdict reinforces our stand on WSH: FIH - Feb 15, 2012
- HI charges IHF with sabotaging India's Olympic preparations - Oct 07, 2011
- Pak hockey players get show-cause notice over WSH contracts - Apr 25, 2011
- World Series Hockey postponed to Feb 29 - Dec 12, 2011
- World Series Hockey an unsanctioned event: FIH - Jul 22, 2011
- Bringing Indian hockey back to 'consumer radar' - Nov 14, 2011
- FIH gives a month to HI and IHF to work out merger formula - Feb 26, 2012
- FIH gives HI and IHF a month to resolve tangle - Feb 27, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,