PHF issues show cause notices to three key playersApril 24th, 2011 - 2:59 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, April 24(ANI): The Pakistan Hockey Federation (PHF) has issued show cause notices to three of its top players for entering into contracts with the planned World Series of Hockey (WSH) in India.
PHF Secretary Asif Bajwa said that Rehan Butt, Wasim Ahmad and Shakeel Abbasi, who were in the training camp set up for the Azlan Shah Tournament, had been issued notices to explain their position.
“The PHF executive council took a very clear decision recently that since the WSH is not sanctioned by the International Hockey Federation or its affiliated units, it will not be recognized by us,” The Nation quoted Bajwa, as saying.
“As per the council’s decision, we have asked Butt, Wasim and Abbasi to explain if they have any contracts with the WSH, and if so they are willing to break this association with the organizers of the unsanctioned event,” he added.
Bajwa made it clear that if the trio failed to clarify their positions, they would not be selected for the Azlan Shah tournament.
He also warned that any player found having ties with the unsanctioned World Hockey Series would have nothing more to do with Pakistan hockey.
“Than the path of such players is different from that of Pakistan hockey,” he maintained.
Butt had recently told a television channel that the players were being offered in millions of rupees to sign contracts with the unsanctioned series. (ANI)
- Pak hockey players get show-cause notice over WSH contracts - Apr 25, 2011
- Pakistani hockey players could face action for ties with WSH - Apr 24, 2011
- PHF warns hockey players to leave 'controversial league' WSH or face action - Apr 22, 2011
- pakistan fines rebel hockey players, spares them ban - May 31, 2012
- Pakistan recall rebel hockey players for Euro tour - Jun 08, 2012
- Pakistan's Shakeel Abbasi braves ban to play in WSH - Mar 02, 2012
- Pakistan determined to win Azlan Shah Cup, says Imran - May 01, 2011
- 'PHF negating 2012 Olympics vision by selecting senior players for Azlan Shah Cup' - Apr 30, 2011
- PHF warns players to stay away from World Series Hockey - Nov 15, 2011
- Veteran Zeeshan Ashraf left out of Pakistan hockey squad - May 21, 2011
- Shakeel Abbasi to lead Pakistan hockey team, Sohail Abbas back - Oct 11, 2011
- Pakistan drop seniors for Asian Champions Trophy hockey - Aug 19, 2011
- Pakistan omit skipper Imran and Waseem from Olympic hockey probables - Feb 18, 2012
- Pakistani daily rues country's Olympic woes - Apr 02, 2012
- Pakistan orders probe into hockey team's poor performance - Jun 06, 2012
Tags: abbasi, ahmad, april 24, asif, azlan shah tournament, bajwa, butt, executive council, hockey series, international hockey federation, organizers, phf, rupees, shakeel, television channel, training camp, world hockey, world series, world series of hockey, wsh