Phelps makes splashing comeback after suspensionMay 16th, 2009 - 3:55 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, May 16 (ANI): Olympic golden boy Michael Phelps has returned with a bang after three-month suspension following the pot scandal.
The 23-year-old swimmer easily qualified for the finals of two events at the Charlotte Ultraswim with a record time.
Phelps was second in the last heat of the 200-meter freestyle at 1 minute, 50.46 seconds, and came back to win the final heat of the 100 butterfly in 53.41 seconds.
In both events, he had the third-fastest time overall.
Phelps says that he is eager to start working toward some new goals.
“It’s kind of like Tiger (Woods) working on his putting game or his pitching game,” CBS News quoted Phelps as saying,
“It’s sort of completing the whole package,” he added. (ANI)
- Phelps, Lochte showdown in 200m medley - Aug 02, 2012
- Michael Phelps wins the gold medal at the FINA Swimming World Championship - Jul 27, 2011
- Le Clos sends out warning to Phelps - Aug 02, 2012
- Olympics: Michael Phelps bids farewell - Aug 05, 2012
- Olympics swimming: Rochte claims gold, Phelps off podium (Lead) - Jul 29, 2012
- Phelps becomes history's most medaled Olympian (Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Late burst gives Phelps 100m butterfly gold - Aug 04, 2012
- Olympics: Phelps misses out on gold, but claims record - Aug 01, 2012
- Phelps confirms retirement after London Olympics - Aug 03, 2012
- Phelps books 200m fly Olympic berth - Jun 29, 2012
- Brazilian swimmer banned for two years - Jun 28, 2012
- Phelps gives up 200m for London Olympics - Jul 03, 2012
- Phelps caps career with gold in Olympic relay - Aug 05, 2012
- China set to challenge US dominance in pool - Jul 11, 2012
- Asian Games: Veedhawal Khade qualifies for 50m freestyle final - Nov 15, 2010