Petrescu to take over as Dynamo coachAugust 16th, 2012 - 8:10 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, Aug 16 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Ex-Chelsea player Dan Petrescu will take over as the Dynamo Moscow football coach by the end of the week.
Petrescu resigned as coach of FC Kuban, Friday, and his decision was announced Tuesday.
The Dynamo job has been vacant since Sergei Silkin resigned after a 4-0 derby thrashing by Spartak Moscow earlier this month.
The source told R-Sport that the club had agreed a contract with Petrescu, but that the board still needed to approve hiring the Romanian.
Dynamo president Yuri Isaev has also given up his post in favour of another position in the club management, and will be replaced by his former advisor Gennady Soloviev, a lieutenant-general in Russia’s FSB security service, the source said.
Petrescu joined Kuban in 2009 and brought the club promotion to the Russian Premier League in his first season, before securing the team’s best-ever result with an eighth-place finish in the top flight last season.
He left the team to seek “new challenges”, he told R-Sport on Wednesday, but refused to comment on his future.
Petrescu played for Chelsea as a right-back between 1995 and 2000 and won 95 caps for Romania in an 11-year international career.
- Krasnozhan replaces Petrescu at Kuban - Aug 16, 2012
- Petrescu confirmed as Dynamo coach - Aug 17, 2012
- Kuranyi puts faith in Petrescu to rescue Dynamo - Aug 20, 2012
- Defoe extends contract with Tottenham till 2015 - Aug 31, 2012
- Zenit thrash Spartak 5-0 - Aug 11, 2012
- Emenike signs four-year extension with Spartak - Jun 26, 2012
- Russian club Kuban sign Ajax's Ozbiliz - Aug 09, 2012
- Russia's foreign quota complicates my task: Capello - Jul 18, 2012
- Unai Emery signs two-year Spartak deal - Jun 11, 2012
- We can turn Dzyuba into a great: Emery - Jul 17, 2012
- Spartak take on Fenerbahce in Champions League playoff - Aug 10, 2012
- Dynamo slump continues with defeat against Terek - Aug 19, 2012
- Russia to ban laser pointers during football matches - Nov 08, 2011
- Dzyuba to miss World Cup qualifiers - Sep 05, 2012
- Ibisevic puts Stuttgart past Dynamo - Aug 29, 2012
Tags: club management, club promotion, dan petrescu, dg, dynamo moscow, eighth place, football coach, fsb, gennady, international career, kuban, lieutenant general, premier league, ria novosti, security service, silkin, soloviev, spartak moscow, top flight, yuri