Pete Carroll Quits USC, Heading Towards SeattleJanuary 11th, 2010 - 8:43 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Jan 11, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Pete Carroll, the coach of the University of Southern California, has announced that he has resigned from the post. The declaration came on Sunday, Jan 10. The decision has not come as much of a surprise, as talks were on regarding the resignation; it was only a matter of time until he actually resigned. In fact, according to some reports, he might not be the only one who has resigned. It has been reported that the offensive coordinator of the University of Southern California, Jeremy Bates might also be resigning from his position.
Having left the University of Southern California, Pete Carroll is likely to join the Seattle Seahawks as the coach for the football team. Apparently, the deal has not yet been signed, but Pete Carroll is very close to signing it. It is possible that Pete Carroll would be signing the deal sometime on Monday, Jan 11. It is being speculated that the former University of Southern California coach would be going to Seattle today to seal the contract, which is being estimated to be worth around $35 million, and will last for about 5 years.
Pete Carroll was in talks with the Chief Executive Officer of the Seattle Seahawks, Ted Leiweke, on Sunday. He had been the one the team primarily wanted on its roster after the coach of the team, Jim Mora, was fired from the post. Additionally, reports suggest that the offensive coordinator of the University of Southern California football team, Jeremy Bates, resigned from the job and joined the Seattle Seahawks. This is going to be the third time that Pete Carroll becomes a coach with the NFL, if he actually signs the contract.
- Pete Carroll Might Leave USC For Seattle Seahawks - Jan 09, 2010
- Pete Carroll "Fired Up" While Addressing His New Supporters - Jan 17, 2010
- Lane Kiffin Leaves Tennessee For USC Trojans - Jan 13, 2010
- Seattle Seahawks Crushes St.Louis Rams To Win NFC West Division Title - Jan 03, 2011
- Will Muschamp Likeliest Candidate To Coach Tennessee's Football Team - Jan 13, 2010
- Charlie Weis Apologizes For Pete Carroll Grad Student Story - Dec 07, 2009
- Seattle Seahawks Permitted To Talk Of Deal To Vincent Jackson - Aug 21, 2010
- Emerald Bowl To Host USC And Boston - Dec 07, 2009
- Darryl Tapp Traded To Philadelphia Eagles - Mar 17, 2010
- Matt Cassel Gets Leg Injury At Arrowhead Stadium - Aug 30, 2009
- Gus Malzahn Hired As The New Vanderbilt Commodores Coach - Dec 13, 2010
- Is Mike Wallace going to sign a contract with Pittsburg Steelers? - Jul 27, 2012
- University Of Miami Hires Al Golden As Football Coach - Dec 13, 2010
- Mavericks sign Chinese forward Yi Jianlian - Jan 07, 2012
- Luke Fickell is the interim coach of the Ohio State University - May 30, 2011
Tags: california coach, chief executive officer, dey, heading, jeremy bates, jim mora, job, madhuri, matter of time, nfl, offensive coordinator, pete carroll, resignation, seattle seahawks, surprise, ted, third time, university of southern california, university of southern california football, university of southern california football team