Pepe joins Real Madrid long injury listDecember 2nd, 2008 - 3:16 pm ICT by IANS
Madrid, Dec 2 (DPA) Spanish champions Real Madrid announced that defender Pepe would be out of action until January.The Portugal defender tore the quadricep muscle in his left leg in Saturday’s 3-1 defeat away to Getafe, and the club doctors believe that he will be out of action for four to five weeks.
Wesley Sneijder and Miguel Torres both limped out of the Getafe defeat with pulled muscles, and will both be out of action for around 10 days.
Real’s other injury victims are Gabriel Heinze, Mahamadou Diarra, Ruud Van Nistelrooy and Gonzalo Higuain.
However, Arjen Robben and Fabio Cannavaro will probably be able to return next Saturday against Sevilla, after being out for two weeks.
Real are now fourth in La Liga, six points behind runaway leaders Barcelona.
- Higuain and Sneijder join Real Madrid injury list - Nov 24, 2008
- Valencia to test leaders Barcelona in Liga (Preview) - Dec 04, 2008
- Real midfielder Diarra out for rest of season - Dec 09, 2008
- Barcelona keen for revenge against Cup nemesis Sevilla - Jan 14, 2010
- Real Madrid entertain Granada at home - Sep 01, 2012
- Revitalised Real determined to win in Barcelona (Preview) - Dec 11, 2008
- Real Madrid's priority changes from purchases to sale - Jul 14, 2009
- Real Madrid face tough test in Malaga - Oct 21, 2011
- Real to face Malaga in Primera Liga - Mar 17, 2012
- When the Barcelona cat is away, the Madrid mice will play - Dec 17, 2009
- Barcelona to celebrate Guardiola's decision in Valladolid - Jan 21, 2010
- Real Madrid come from behind to win against Mallorca - Jan 15, 2012
- Real Madrid annoyed at Huntelaar turning down Stuttgart - Jul 23, 2009
- Real Madrid veteran Van Nistelrooy out for six weeks - Sep 21, 2009
- Real Madrid face Valencia test in La Liga - Nov 18, 2011