‘PCB’s disastrous decisions ruining Pakistan cricket’April 27th, 2011 - 1:20 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, April 27(ANI): The wrong decisions of the Pakistan Cricket Board’s present and past managements and its previous chiefs have brought Pakistan cricket at the lowest ebb, historian Khawaja Hussain Sayed has said.
If these policies continue, there will be no way to bring Pakistan cricket back on track, said Sayed, adding that it will reach at the stage where Pakistan hockey stands presently.
“Twenty years ago, no body could criticise the Pakistan team in Sharjah, but the present management brought the Pakistan team at a stage where they are only on receiving ends,” The Nation quoted Sayed as saying in a Waqt News programme ‘Game Beat’.
“The PCB and the government honouring players despite the [World Cup] semi-final loss against archrivals India is a very shameful thing, while the players are busy in minting money and left country’s interest behind,” he said.
Meanwhile, cricket analyst Chaudhry Javed Elahi said that just a change of faces in the PCB would not be beneficial, as a change of system was needed for the improvement of cricket in the country.
“Pakistani people love cricket and they love team players, and want to see improvement in various departmental of the game, so it is imperative for the PCB management to chalk-out plan to boost cricket in the country,” he said.
Elahi also criticised Pakistan’s limited-overs captain Shahid Afridi, and said that the skipper lacks the capability of taking timely decisions to combat the changing situation of any match. (ANI)
- Pakistani fans happy with hockey team despite loss to India - Sep 14, 2011
- PCB most likely to retain Afridi as Pak captain for World Cup 2011 - Feb 01, 2011
- PCB to hold anti-corruption seminars and workshops as part of reform process - Dec 09, 2010
- Afridi comes out of retirement - Oct 18, 2011
- PCB in talks with two foreigners for Pak batting coach job: Butt - Apr 15, 2011
- Pakistani cricket squad departs for Asia Cup in Bangladesh - Mar 08, 2012
- "No plan to change PCB boss as Butt doing 'pretty good job'": Zardari - Nov 09, 2010
- Pak runaway keeper Zulqarnain's intention to sue PCB futile, says legal advisor - Jan 25, 2011
- Foreign coach may be appointed in absence of Miandad: Afridi - Apr 11, 2011
- Pak's World Cup cricketers get Rs one million each - Apr 12, 2011
- PCB's 'no-media interaction' policy paying dividends for the board - Jan 17, 2011
- Pak NA Sports Committee chief resigns over govt's apathy towards cricket - Nov 14, 2010
- Shahid Afridi retained as Pak captain for ICC World Cup: Intikhab Alam - Feb 04, 2011
- Fact-finding committee submits report on 'Haider episode' to PCB - Nov 30, 2010
- Afridi says sorry to Pakistan, but praises team (Lead) - Mar 31, 2011
Tags: capability, chiefs, elahi, faces, historian, India, lahore, limited overs, lowest ebb, match, pakistan cricket board, pakistan team, pcb management, shahid afridi, sharjah, skipper, timely decisions, twenty years, world cup, wrong decisions