PCB to come down hard on tweeting violations during Pak’s Caribbean tourApril 28th, 2011 - 12:27 pm ICT by ANI
Karachi, April 28(ANI): The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has reprimanded fast bowler Wahab Riaz and batsman Asad Shafiq for using a social networking site during the ongoing Caribbean tour.
According to details, Riaz and Shafiq violated their central contract terms by posting messages on micro-blogging website Twitter.
A PCB official confirmed that the team management had censured both players for using Twitter during Pakistan’s West Indies tour.
“Riaz had even posted some pictures of the Pakistan team bus on the social networking site, which have now been removed,” the Daily Times quoted a PCB source, as saying.
Under the new terms of the PCB’s central contract, the board has strictly prohibited cricketers from using social networking sites on tours.
“Since it was their first offence, they were reprimanded, but if they do it again, they will face heavy fines, and may be suspension, from some matches,” a source was quoted as saying.
Riaz and Shafiq have been the leading performers for Pakistan so far in the one-day international (ODI) series.
The PCB has included some strong clauses in the new central contracts, which carry heavy fines and bans for players violating the code.
The new code prohibits Pakistani cricketers from speaking to the media without permission, entering into endorsement contracts without permission, breaking curfew hours on tours and signing up with agents without prior approval of the board. (ANI)
- Afridi, Akmal not in new PCB contracts - Aug 08, 2011
- Pakistan drop Riaz over spot-fixing links - Nov 21, 2011
- Pakistan announce World Cup squad without a captain - Jan 18, 2011
- PCB drops Yousuf, Malik, Kaneria from central contracts list - Mar 10, 2011
- Pakistan recall Kamran Akmal, Razzaq for World T20 - Jul 12, 2012
- PCB allows Rana Naved to play in Bangladesh T20 - Mar 20, 2010
- PCB summons Mohsin after he threatens to quit (Lead) - May 04, 2011
- No PCB contracts for Younis, Yousuf, Malik - Mar 19, 2010
- Haider hopes to resurrect career after PCB's clearance - Jun 17, 2011
- Akmal rejoicing return to Pakistan team - Jan 05, 2011
- PCB lifts suspension on national selector - Jun 29, 2011
- PCB takes stern action against Afridi - May 31, 2011
- PCB gives Afridi, Akmal brothers central contracts despite being guilty of 'misconduct' - Mar 19, 2010
- Pakistan selectors retain Shoaib Malik for Sri Lanka series - Oct 03, 2011
- PCB slaps Afridi with hefty fine but grants NOC - Jun 16, 2011
Tags: caribbean tour, central contracts, contract terms, curfew hours, endorsement contracts, first offence, odi series, pakistan cricket board, pakistan cricket board pcb, pakistan team, pakistani cricketers, pcb source, riaz, shafiq, social networking site, social networking sites, team bus, team management, twitter, west indies