PCB still waiting for Indian tour confirmationDecember 17th, 2008 - 6:22 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Dec.17 (ANI): The Pakistan Cricket Board is still awaiting confirmation of Indias tour next month, but has denied reports of a replacement series against Sri Lanka.
We are still waiting for the response from the Board of Control for Cricket in India, PCB chief operating officer Saleem Altaf told The News on Tuesday.
The BCCI has sought clearance from its government for the tour of Pakistan, encompassing three Tests, five one-dayers and a Twenty20 match.
The status of the tour was put in jeopardy after Pakistan-India relations became increasingly tense in the wake of last months terror attacks in Mumbai.
The International Cricket Council said last week it would encourage India to stick to its scheduled series in Pakistan, but also acknowledged it could not force the tour to go ahead.
Theres nothing the ICC can do on it. We cannot force member countries to tour Pakistan.
Pakistan is the only one of crickets nine Test-playing nations who will end 2008 without playing a Test match. (ANI)
- Pakistan to play 3 ODIs, 2 T20s in India in Dec-Jan (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- India-Pakistan to resume cricketing ties after 5 years (Second Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- PCB, BCCI at loggerheads over ICC's new Future Tours Programme - Dec 12, 2010
- PCB gets Pak WC cricketers' visas for India cleared in advance - Feb 26, 2011
- PCB welcomes India's willingness to promote cricketing contacts with Pakistan - Apr 08, 2011
- Efforts on to revive cricket series with India: PCB official - Apr 13, 2011
- Pakistan's cricketing isolation can end in October - Feb 24, 2011
- Pakistan wants to play scrapped series with India - Dec 14, 2009
- Pakistan to have full-fledged Bangladesh tour in December-January - Apr 23, 2011
- Pakistan unhappy with cricket's FTP - Dec 01, 2010
- PCB banking on India's tour to fill its empty coffers - Jul 09, 2009
- PCB to invite Sri Lanka if India pulls out: Sources - Dec 14, 2008
- No possibility of Pakistan's tour to India next year - Dec 16, 2011
- Resumption of bilateral series with India top priority for PCB: Butt - Jun 19, 2010
- Pakistan may face isolation from world cricket over spot-fixing allegations - Sep 15, 2010
Tags: bcci, chief operating officer, crickets, india relations, international cricket council, jeopardy, member countries, mumbai terror attack, pakistan cricket board, pakistan india, sri lanka, terror attacks, tour confirmation