PCB requests BCCI to ensure more visas for Pak cricket fansNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:52 am ICT by admin
The reports coming from India say that the recent bombings in various parts of India have taken a toll on cricket with only 250 Pakistanis being allowed to come to watch the one-dayer in Mohali next month.
The visa figure allowed for Pakistani fans - by the Indian Home Ministry and the Ministry of External Affairs - is drastically truncated despite a request by the Punjab Cricket Association, which will organise the Mohali match, for 5,000 visas.
The Indian Home Ministry’s reluctance to issue more visas is being linked to the recent spate of bombings in Hyderabad, Ajmer and Ludhiana in which several people died.
Security agencies investigating the bombings have pointed to links with suspected bombers in Pakistan and Bangladesh, The News reported.
Zakir, however, hoped that the BCCI will intervene and ensure that Pakistani fans are not deprived the opportunity to watch their team in action on the tour of India.
The Pakistan team is scheduled to fly to New Delhi on November 1 where they play a warm-up game starting from November 2.
They meet India in a five match ODI series starting from November 5 in Guwahati.
The rest of the ODIs will be played in Mohali (Nov 8), Kanpur (Nov 11), Gwalior (Nov 15) and Jaipur (Nov 18).
The three Tests will be played in New Delhi, Kolkata and Bangalore. (ANI)
- Pakistan to play 3 ODIs, 2 T20s in India in Dec-Jan (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- (VM) India-Pakistan to revive cricketing ties after 5 years (Third Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- India-Pakistan break the ice on cricketing ties (Roundup) - Jul 16, 2012
- India-Pakistan to resume cricketing ties after 5 years (Second Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Pak hails Manmohan Singh's initiative to mend differences - Mar 31, 2011
- Manmohan invites Zardari, Gilani for cricket -- and peace (Night Intro) - Mar 26, 2011
- Pakistan to have full-fledged Bangladesh tour in December-January - Apr 23, 2011
- Pakistan to face Sri Lanka and England in UAE - Jun 21, 2011
- PCB gets Pak WC cricketers' visas for India cleared in advance - Feb 26, 2011
- PCB asks ICC to ensure foolproof security for Pak team in India - Mar 24, 2011
- India-West Indies ODI series begins Nov 29 - Oct 18, 2011
- Host Pakistani guests, appeals Punjab government - Mar 28, 2011
- PCB chairman's visit revives Pakistan's IPL hopes - May 28, 2012
- Cricket series with Pakistan BCCI's call: Krishna - Apr 19, 2011
- India promises 'state-level' security to visiting Pak cricket team - Mar 26, 2011
Tags: ajmer, ample number, bcci, bombings, cricket association, cricket fans, gwalior, home ministry, India, match, ministry of external affairs, mohali, New Delhi, odi series, odis, pak cricket, pakistan team, pcb, visas, zakir