PCB recommends two million rupees fine for Mohammad Asif for Dubai misadventureJune 4th, 2009 - 5:09 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Jun.4 (ANI): The Pakistan Cricket Board’s (PCB) committee which is probing tainted fast bowler Mohammad Asif’s Dubai detention case, has recommended a hefty fine of two million rupees on the bowler.
According to the sources, the committee has informed the PCB Chairman Ijaz Butt that Asif had failed to provide proof regarding his 19 day detention in Dubai last year.
The committee, however, did not recommended any ban on him, and asked the PCB to consider Asif for selection in the national squad.
Asif, 25, was held at Dubai airport in June last year while returning home from India, and was charged with possessing a small amount of opium.
The pacer was also banned by the Indian Premier League (IPL) after he tested positive for banned anabolic steroid, nandrolone, last summer while featuring in the inaugural season of the Twenty20 spectacle for Delhi Daredevils. (ANI)
- PCB committee recommends a hefty fine on Asif for Dubai misadventure - May 31, 2009
- PCB fines Asif for Dubai drugs detention - Jul 02, 2009
- PCB to consider Akhtar, Asif for Champions trophy: Bari - Jul 10, 2009
- Asif's absence angers Pakistan cricket board's probe committee - May 11, 2009
- Fast bowler Asif may be fined for Dubai misadventure - May 30, 2009
- PCB fines Asif over Dubai misadventure - Jul 02, 2009
- Asif gets one-year IPL ban for positive dope test - Jan 30, 2009
- Asif barred entry in UAE for New Zealand ODI - Oct 19, 2009
- Butt believes Asif will be back in Pakistan squad soon - Jan 23, 2009
- Asif hopes to be cleared of the dope charges - Jan 26, 2009
- Pakistan likely to recall Asif for Champions Trophy - Jul 04, 2009
- IPL tribunal reserves verdict after hearing Asif's dope case (Roundup) - Jan 24, 2009
- Pak politicians demand probe into Asifs opium possession results - Jan 14, 2009
- PCB assures Asif of fair trial under its anti-doping regulations - Jan 21, 2009
- PCB unsure of Asif in series against Kiwis - Oct 17, 2009
Tags: butt, daredevils, dubai airport, inaugural season, India, misadventure, mohammad asif, opium, pacer, pakistan cricket board, premier league, proof, returning home, rupees, spectacle, two million