PCB declares Yousuf, Razzaq eligible for selection in national teamMay 30th, 2009 - 12:46 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, May 30 (ANI): The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has declared middle order batsman Mohammad Yousuf and all-rounder Abdul Razzaq eligible for selection after both players terminated their respective contracts with the rebel Indian Cricket League (ICL).
“Both players have resigned from the Indian Cricket League (ICL) and the ICL management has accepted the duo’s resignations. The PCB has, therefore, decided that both players will now be available for selection in the Pakistan team,” a PCB spokesperson said.
Both Yousuf and Razzaq have expressed satisfaction with the decision of the PCB, and said they were eagerly waiting to join the national squad.
“It’s a big relief to hear this from the board because I have been dying to play for my country again. I just hope that the rest of the ICL players who also want to play for Pakistan again are given the same consideration by the PCB,” The Daily News quoted Yousuf, as saying.
“We were treated well by the ICL. But now I want to play for my country again and return to international action,” added Razzaq.
Both Razzaq and Yousuf were part of the Pakistan team for the inaugural Twenty20 World Cup held in South Africa in 2007. They later were axed by the PCB for joining the ICL. (ANI)
- Razzaq disappointed over Pak players' omission from IPL 4 auction - Jan 08, 2011
- PCB clears Yousuf, Razzaq for national duty - May 29, 2009
- PCB asks Rana Naved to submit fresh copy of ICL's NOC - Jun 04, 2009
- Razzak accuses Ashraf of trying to destroy his career - Feb 22, 2010
- Pakistan names cricket squad for T20 World Cup - Jul 18, 2012
- Pakistan's Razzaq cleared for World T20 contest: Report - Jun 11, 2009
- Imran Farhat discontinues his ICL contract - Sep 04, 2009
- PCB should allow all ICL players to play for country again: Moin Khan - Jun 13, 2009
- I was expecting to be included in Pakistan team: Naved - May 26, 2010
- Razzaq accuses ex-PCB chief of trying to ruin his career - Feb 23, 2010
- Pakistan allows Razzaq to join Knight Riders - Sep 08, 2009
- Kamran, Naved in 30-man preliminary Pak World Cup squad - Jan 05, 2011
- No PCB contracts for Younis, Yousuf, Malik - Mar 19, 2010
- PCB awards 'C' category central contract to Naved-ul-Hasan - Jul 24, 2009
- Yousuf gets a chance to make cut for World Cup probables - Dec 20, 2010
Tags: contracts, cricket league, indian cricket, mohammad yousuf, pakistan cricket board, pakistan cricket board pcb, pakistan team, resignations, rounder, satisfaction, south africa, spokesperson, twenty20 world cup