PCB chief to attend Asian Cricket Council meetDecember 3rd, 2008 - 2:33 pm ICT by ANI
Karachi, Dec 3 (ANI): Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chief Ijaz Butt will leave for Colombo tomorrow to attend a meeting of the Asian Cricket Council (ACC).
Butt, a former Pakistan Test opener, will take over as the ACC chief in place of former PCB chairman Nasim Ashraf during the meeting.
During his visit, Butt will meet Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) president Shashank Manohar to discuss the fate of the forthcoming home series against India scheduled for January-February next year.
The series is in serious doubt following last week’’s killings in Mumbai and India’’s decision to raise the finger of suspicion at Pakistan.
However, the Indian authorities have said that a final decision is yet to be taken on the fate of the Pakistan-India series by their Government that includes three Tests, five One-day Internationals and a Twenty20 International from January 4-Februray 19.
The issue of the 2011 World Cup is also expected to be discussed by top officials from India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh, The News reports. (ANI)
- Resumption of bilateral series with India top priority for PCB: Butt - Jun 19, 2010
- No possibility of Pakistan's tour to India next year - Dec 16, 2011
- Pakistan to play 3 ODIs, 2 T20s in India in Dec-Jan (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Zardari appoints close friend as PCB chief,Butt shown the door - Oct 12, 2011
- India-Pakistan to resume cricketing ties after 5 years (Second Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- PCB, BCCI chief to discuss India tour - Dec 03, 2008
- BCCI chief, secretary to frame plans to arrest India's slide - Aug 15, 2011
- PCB boss Butt 'secretly' leaves for NZ to decide on Pak captain for World Cup - Jan 21, 2011
- PCB to discuss bilateral cricket ties resumption with India in ICC meeting: Sources - Mar 24, 2011
- Pakistan likely to host Bangladesh full series next year - Dec 15, 2010
- Growing demand for Ijaz Butt's removal as PCB chief - Sep 21, 2011
- Zardari likely to sack PCB chief Ijaz Butt - Apr 25, 2011
- Former Pak sports administrator blasts Ijaz Butt for 'damaging' ACC - Sep 24, 2009
- India should visit Pakistan to defeat terrorism, says PCB chief - Nov 28, 2008
- New Pakistan cricket chief wants to retain friendly ties with India - Oct 09, 2008
Tags: ashraf, cricket council, day internationals, final decision, finger of suspicion, india bcci, india series, indian authorities, january 4, karachi, killings, mumbai, pakistan cricket board, pakistan cricket board pcb, pakistan india, pakistan test, serious doubt, shashank, twenty20 international, world cup