PCB accepts Sohail’s resignationJuly 22nd, 2009 - 3:32 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, July 22 (ANI): The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has accepted Aamir Sohail’s resignation and appointed former Test cricketer Haroon Rashid as the new Director for Game Development.
“Aamir, director game development, has tendered his resignation and PCB chairman Ijaz Butt has accepted it. Former batsman Rashid will be the acting director game development with immediate effect,” The Daily Times quoted a PCB spokesperson, as saying.
Sohail, who submitted his papers on Monday, saying he was not getting ‘job satisfaction’ in the work he was assigned by the PCB.
“It has always been my principle in life that I have to achieve the task given to me. But while working with the PCB I wasn’t able to do that. There was no job satisfaction,” Sohail said.
He said he would once again be turning to the commentary box for a career.
However, PCB insiders said Sohail had developed serious differences with chairman Ijaz Butt which apparently is the prime reason behind his resignation.
Sohail, as director NCA and Game Development had forwarded several plans to the PCB, but the board’s reluctance to release funds for their implementation supposedly irked him.
Earlier, PCB’s Director Human Resource, Wasim Bari had issued a show cause notice to Sohail asking him to explain his absence from the ICC Development Course held in England recently.
“Aamir, who left a lucrative career as an expert cricket commentator to join the PCB as a director, was also not getting along with senior PCB officials including director-human resource Wasim Bari,” sources said. (ANI)
- 'No job satisfaction' leads to Sohail's resignation from PCB - Jul 21, 2009
- Now, PCB's 'house of horrors' rocked with Sohail's rumoured resignation - Jul 17, 2009
- Aamer Sohail resigns from PCB post - Jul 20, 2009
- Sohail challenges Butt for television debate on PCB's financial records - Dec 06, 2009
- Now, Bari in "battle of egos" with Aamir Sohail - Jul 03, 2009
- Souring relations with Butt making it hard for Bari to survive in PCB? - Jul 07, 2010
- Wasim Akram included in probe panel - Feb 08, 2010
- PCB appoints Bari as interim COO - Sep 01, 2009
- 'Politics' comes to the fore in PCB as Butt sidelines 'trusted' Wasim Bari - Jun 11, 2010
- PCB dismisses rumours of Wasim Bari's resignation - Jun 18, 2010
- Sohail threatens to quit Pakistan Cricket Board - Jul 17, 2009
- PCB chief Butt must stop his 'one man show': Sohail - Apr 21, 2010
- Spot-fixing very sad episode of my tenure, says Butt - Oct 13, 2011
- Sohail denies reports of rift with PCB director - Jul 03, 2009
- Miandad threatens to quit PCB - Feb 02, 2010
Tags: butt, commentator, game development, haroon rashid, human resource, implementation, insiders, job satisfaction, lucrative career, nca, pakistan cricket board, pakistan cricket board pcb, prime reason, principle, reluctance, resignation, sohail, spokesperson, test cricketer, wasim bari