Pawtucket Red Sox owner Ben Mondor dead at 85October 4th, 2010 - 10:16 pm ICT by BNO News
PAWTUCKET, RHODE ISLAND (BNO NEWS) — The Pawtucket Red Sox, the minor league baseball Triple-A affiliates of the Boston Red Sox, on Monday announced that its owner Ben Mondor has died. He was 85.
Mondor, who is a two-time winner of the International League Executive of the Year award, died at his home in Warwick Neck on Sunday evening. “He was an incredible and charitable man who was first and foremost devoted to his wife Madeleine, along with his PawSox family and the entire community at large,” the club said in a brief statement.
Funeral arrangements and other details were expected to be announced later on Monday.
In 1982, Mondor was awarded an honorary Doctor of Public Service degree from Rhode Island College. He was inducted into the Boston Red Sox Hall of Fame in 2004, and was elected to the International League Hall of Fame in 2008.
- Jarrod Saltalamacchia Traded To Boston Red Sox - Aug 01, 2010
- Darnell McDonald The New Boston Red Sox Hero - Apr 21, 2010
- Nomar Garciaparra Retires From Major League Baseball - Mar 11, 2010
- Bobby Jenks Agrees To $2Million Deal With Boston Red Sox? - Dec 17, 2010
- Daniel Nava Goes For A Grand Slam - Jun 13, 2010
- Pawtucket, RI man sentenced for drug and firearm charges - Mar 20, 2010
- NJIT professor projects 2011 Major League Baseball winners using math - Apr 02, 2011
- Peter Gammons Signs Up With MLB And NESN - Dec 09, 2009
- Roma's American owner intends to acquire player from US - May 19, 2011
- Legendary Manager Ralph Houk Dies At 90 - Jul 22, 2010
- Steven Tyler Sings At National Baseball League - Apr 05, 2010
- Rhode Island man pleads guilty to bank robbery - Apr 08, 2010
- Manny Ramirez And Johnny Damon Hired By Tampa Bay Rays - Jan 22, 2011
- Dustin Pedroia Scores For Red Sox - Apr 05, 2010
- Roberto Alomar Inducted To Hall Of Fame - Jan 06, 2011
Tags: bno, boston red sox, charitable man, entire community, funeral arrangements, hall of fame, honorary doctor, league executive, madeleine, minor league baseball, pawtucket red sox, pawtucket rhode island, public service degree, rhode island college, sunday evening, time winner, warwick neck