Patuadi had distinguished Pakistani cousinsSeptember 22nd, 2011 - 10:10 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 22 (IANS) Former Indian cricket captain Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi who died here Thursday, had two distinguished cousins in Pakistan — diplomat Shaharyar Khan, who went on to become the chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board, and Major General Isfandiyar Ali Pataudi, who a few months ago was a front-runner to take over as spy agency ISI’s chief.
Sharyar, who served as a diplomat and ultimately Pakistan’s foreign secretary 1957-1994, was the son of the elder sister of Mansur Ali Khan’s mother.
Isfandiyar Ali Pataudi was the son of Major General Mohammad Ali Pataudi, the younger brother of Mansur Ali Khan’s father Iftikhar Ali Khan Pataudi.
At the time of partition in 1947, Major General Mohammad Ali Pataudi opted for the Pakistani army, while his elder brother decided to pursue a cricketing career in India.
Former Pakistan captain Imran Khan’s cousin Javed Burki, who also captained Pakistan, was a contemporary of Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi at Oxford.
- Pakistan cricket mourns Pataudi's death - Sep 23, 2011
- Indian cricket pays rich tribute to Tiger Pataudi - Sep 23, 2011
- Pataudi's funeral at family burial ground - Sep 23, 2011
- Saif annointed 10th Nawab of Pataudi - Oct 31, 2011
- Pataudi the man that was - Fact file - Sep 22, 2011
- My father would've been touched, says Saif - Sep 23, 2011
- SRK remembers Pataudi as friend's friend - Sep 23, 2011
- Pataudi kin is now a two-star Pak general - May 09, 2009
- Bollywood mourns Tiger Pataudi's death - Sep 22, 2011
- Sharmila's transition from actress to 'begum' - Jan 01, 2012
- Tiger gave Indian cricket 'rockstar' image: Big B - Sep 23, 2011
- Tiger was a true leader, great batsman: says Contractor - Sep 23, 2011
- Master of style Tiger Pataudi is dead - Sep 22, 2011
- Tendulkar fourth cricketer now in parliament - Jun 04, 2012
- Gulzar misses his Mansur, the true patriot - Sep 24, 2011
Tags: ali khan, cousin, cousins, cricket captain, diplomat, elder brother, elder sister, imran khan, indian cricket, isi, javed burki, mansur ali khan pataudi, mohammad ali, New Delhi, pakistan captain, pakistan cricket board, pakistani army, partition, shaharyar khan, spy agency