Patel-Uniexcel buy Hockey India League Ranchi franchiseSeptember 14th, 2012 - 3:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 14 (IANS) Hockey India (HI) Friday announced that the Ranchi franchise of its upcoming league has been bought by the Patel-Uniexcel Group.
Sahara India and Jaypee Group had earlier bought the franchisees for Lucknow and Punjab respectively and Ranchi will be the third of the six franchisees to compete in Hockey India League (HIL) to be held from January 2013.
“We are pleased to welcome the Patel-Uniexcel Group on board,” said HI secretary-general Narinder Batra.
Patel-Uniexcel is a conglomeration of the Bangalore-based Patel Group and the Chinese Taipei-based Uniexcel Group, and is headed by chairman Suresh Kumar Chauhan.
“I am very delighted that we have got the Ranchi franchise as I come from Kolkata and always carry very strong feelings for eastern India,” said Chauhan.
The chief executive officer of the franchise is Banti Singh, who hails from Kolkata and is a former national hockey player.
- India Cements eyes Hockey India League franchise - Sep 18, 2012
- Dwyer and Sardar will be face of Hockey India League - Sep 18, 2012
- 90 Indian players sign up for Hockey India league - Sep 12, 2012
- Sahara pick up Lucknow franchise of HI League - Jul 23, 2012
- Hockey India's league in January with six teams - Jun 01, 2012
- Sahara India renews sponsorship deal with Hockey India - Feb 08, 2012
- Sahara to renew sponsorship of Indian hockey - Feb 07, 2012
- HI, IHF in talks on unification - Jun 19, 2011
- High profile board of HI's league - Jul 25, 2012
- 14 Pakistanis sign up for Hockey India League auction - Sep 09, 2012
Tags: bangalore, banti, batra, chief executive officer, chinese taipei, conglomeration, eastern india, feelings, franchise, franchisees, hockey player, jaypee group, kolkata, lucknow, narinder, national hockey, New Delhi, ranchi, sahara india, secretary general