Parking restrictions during India-Holland matchMarch 7th, 2011 - 10:57 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 7 (IANS) No parking will be allowed on Bahadurshah Zafar Marg and Jawaharlal Nehru Marg during the India-Holland World Cup cricket match Wednesday at the Feroz Shah Kotla stadium, police said Monday.
“There is very limited parking for labelled vehicles in the proximity of the stadium and no parking for general vehicles there,” Joint Commissioner of Police for traffic Satyendra Garg said.
Park-and-ride facility has been created at Mata Sundari Parking and Shanti Van Parking, he added.
The Delhi Traffic Police have asked cricket fans coming in their vehicles to reach these sites and walk down to the stadium.
Those holding car parking labels have been advised to take Ring Road, JLN Marg, Asaf Ali Road or Bahadurshah Zafar Marg. A U-turn at Delhi Gate has also been allowed.
No diversion has been planned for Bahadurshah Zafar Marg or Jawaharlal Nehru Marg, he said.
“However, the public is advised to avoid roads connecting to Ferozshah Kotla roads from 12:00 noon to 3:30 p.m and 09:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m, Garg said.
- Traffic regulations for Saturday IPL match - Apr 22, 2011
- Traffic advisory issued for Games' closing ceremony - Oct 11, 2010
- Delhi Police gear up for New Year eve traffic - Dec 30, 2010
- Traffic advisory for Delhi rally Wednesday - Dec 21, 2010
- Traffic restrictions for R-day parade rehearsal - Jan 22, 2012
- Traffic snarls expected Wednesday - Apr 20, 2010
- Delhi Traffic Police issues CWG advisory - Oct 01, 2010
- Some roads to be closed during Half Marathon: Traffic police - Nov 19, 2010
- New Delhi turned into a fortress ahead of CWG closing ceremony - Oct 14, 2010
- Traffic around Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium restricted - Sep 27, 2010
- Traffic advisory issued near Karni Singh Shooting range - Oct 04, 2010
- 'Park and Ride' or 'Park and Walk' to Games venues - Aug 29, 2010
- R-Day Parade rehearsal hits traffic - Jan 23, 2012
- Traffic guidelines for Delhi trade fair issued - Nov 12, 2010
- Games road lane trial planned during rush hour - Sep 12, 2010
Tags: ali, asaf ali road, bahadurshah zafar marg, car parking, commissioner of police, cricket fans, cricket match, diversion, holland, jawaharlal nehru, labels, nehru marg, New Delhi, parking restrictions, proximity, shanti van, traffic police, u turn, world cup cricket, zafar