Paralympic gold for Russia in women’s long jumpAugust 31st, 2012 - 8:12 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 31 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Russia’s Margarita Goncharova claimed gold in the F37/38 category of the women’s long jump at the Paralympic Games here Friday.
Athletes who suffer from uncontrollable muscular spasms compete in the F37/38 category.
Goncharova’s leapt 4.84 metres, which was 5 centimetres further than Ukraine’s Inna Stryzhak, who won the silver medal.
Cao Yuanhang of China got the bronze medal recording 4.40 metres.
Goncharova’s medal is the third gold for Russia at the Paralympics.
- Putin envisions Russia as Paralympic powerhouse - Sep 11, 2012
- Russian Paralympic archers sweep podium - Sep 04, 2012
- Russia's Tchebanika wins TT Paralympic gold - Sep 03, 2012
- Paralympic discus gold for Russia - Sep 01, 2012
- Japan pips Russia to women's archery bronze - Jul 30, 2012
- Five Paralympic golds leave Savchenko incredulous - Sep 08, 2012
- Olympics: Canoe sprint gold for New Zealand's Carrington - Aug 11, 2012
- Olympics: Italy wins women's team foil gold - Aug 03, 2012
- First Paralympic gold goes to China - Aug 31, 2012
- Olympics: Bolt leads Jamaica to record sprint relay gold - Aug 12, 2012
- Olympic high jump: Ukhov wins gold for Russia - Aug 08, 2012
- Olympics: Chicherova soars to high jump gold for Russia - Aug 12, 2012
- Medvedev lauds 'courageous' Russian paralympians - Sep 11, 2012
- Olympic long jump : America's Reese wins women's gold - Aug 09, 2012
- Olympic athletics: Russia's Antyukh storms to 400m hurdles gold - Aug 09, 2012