Pankaj Advani in pre-quarters of Asian Snooker ChampionshipApril 26th, 2011 - 8:48 pm ICT by IANS
Indore, April 26 (IANS) India No.1 Pankaj Advani ran into top form with his second century break in the ongoing Asian snooker tournament as he cracked a 129, the highest so far, while notching his third win to enter the pre-quarter-finals, here late Monday night.
Pankaj, the 25-year-old from Bangalore, demolished Japan’s Hiroshi Matsumura 4-0 to confirm his progress to the knock-out stage from Group B.
Also making the round of 16 were fellow Indians I.H. Manudev, who has won three of his four matches in Group E, Aditya Mehta (Group H) and Kamal Chawla (Group F).
Two other Indians, Manan Chandra and Lucky Vatnani, suffered two defeats apiece that virtually knocked them out of the competition.
The results (preliminary league):
Group A: Mohd. Lababi bt Mohd. Sajjad (PAK) 4-3; Lababi bt Mohd. Al Joaker (UAE) 4-3; Ahmed Hassan Hadi (IRQ) bt Ali Mohsen Khamis (QAT) 4-0.
Group B: Pankaj Advani (IND) bt Hiroshi Matsumura (JPN) 4-0; Yuttapop Pakpoj (THA) bt Matsumura 4-0; Lim Chun Kiat (SIN) bt Sergelan Batdelgar (MON) 4-1.
Group C: Mohammad Rais Senzahi (AFG) bt Manan Chandra (IND) 4-0; Senzahi bt Mohammed Al Sheikh (BAH) 4-2.
Group D: Fung Kwok Wai (HK) bt Saleh Mohammad (AFG) 4-0; Jin Long (CHN) bt Baldandorj Batsukh (MON) 4-1; Mohammad bt Batsukh 4-2.
Group E: Noppadol Sangnil (THA) bt IH Manudev (IND) 4-1; Manudev bt Karam Fatima (SYR) 4-3; Lau Ka Lam (HK) bt Chul Ho Hwang (KOR) 4-0.
Group F: Passakorn Suwannawat (THA) bt Michael Angelo Mengorio (PHI) 4-1; Imran Shahzad (PAK) bt Mubark Kh Al Owais (KUW) 4-1; Suwannawat bt Kamal Chawla (IND) 4-1.
Group G: Tian Pengfei (CHN) bt Lucky Vatnani (IND) 4-2; Omar Alkojah (SYR) bt Tae Hoon Jung (KOR) 4-0; Ahmed Ghuloom (BAH) bt Jung 4-1; Alkojah bt Vatnani 4-2.
Group H: Alvin Ambatali Barbero (PHI) bt Satoshi Nakamura (JPN) 4-0; Aditya Mehta (IND) bt Nakamura 4-0; Mohd. Shehab (UAE) bt Barbero 4-0; Mehta bt Barbero 4-0.
- Advani posts second win at Asian Snooker Championship - Apr 25, 2011
- Easy win for Advani in Asian snooker championship - Apr 23, 2011
- Eight Indians advance to knockout stage of World Snooker - Nov 30, 2011
- World Snooker: Advani through to knockout stage - Nov 29, 2011
- Advani leads way into last 16 of World snooker - Dec 01, 2011
- Advani, Merchant win twice as World Snooker Championship begins - Nov 28, 2011
- Mehta sparkles with 134 break at National snooker - Jan 31, 2012
- Mehta eases into semis of National Snooker Championship - Feb 03, 2012
- Chopra joins centurions list in National Snooker - Feb 01, 2012
- Chawla cracks 122 for easy win in snooker event - Jun 18, 2012
- Advani leads way into pre-quarters of National Snooker - Feb 02, 2012
- Renthlei wins maiden snooker title for Mizoram - Jul 27, 2011
- Yasin, Pankaj romp to last 16 of Senior National Snooker - Aug 07, 2011
- Alok knocks out Advani in National snooker - Aug 08, 2011
- Sethi, Advani, Alok advance in senior national billiards - Jul 28, 2011
Tags: aditya, afg, barbero, chul, fellow indians, g tian, hassan hadi, hiroshi matsumura, ka lam, karam, khamis, kuw, league group, michael angelo, owais, pankaj advani, qat, sajjad, satoshi nakamura, shahzad