Pankaj Advani beats former World No.1 HigginsAugust 25th, 2012 - 4:34 pm ICT by IANS
Furth, Aug 25 (IANS) India’s Pankaj Advani proved his mettle on Day 2 of the European Tour 2 Paul Hunter Classic by winning three matches in the same day stamping his authority at the Professional Snooker Circuit.
In the best-of-seven frames, the Indian cueist bagged his first game of the day beating 26-year-old Martin O’Donnell 4-0. Pankaj then moved on to Round 4 to face England’s Ian Burns. Carrying the momentum, Advani was quick off the blocks and secured his second victory 4-1.
The 27-year-old took on former World No.1 John Higgins of Scotland in the third match Friday.
Higgins, currently ranked seven, did not allow the Indian to score in the first frame, winning it 1-0. Advani fought back to equalise in the second frame.
In a closely contested third frame, John Higgins scored a 66 break. With only 67 points on the table, Advani proceeded to score a 67-break taking a 2-1 lead. Scoring a break of 60 in the fourth frame and 50 in the fifth frame, Pankaj stormed to a 4-1 victory.
The Asian Games champion is now drawn to play experienced Englishman Mark King for a place in the quarterfinals.
- European snooker: Advani beats English veteran Mark King - Aug 26, 2012
- Advani in snooker qualifier semis (Lead) - Aug 26, 2012
- Pankaj Advani qualifies for semis - Aug 27, 2012
- Selby ends Advani's run in European snooker - Aug 27, 2012
- Advani prevails, Mehta loses - Jun 14, 2012
- World Snooker: Advani through to knockout stage - Nov 29, 2011
- Advani, Merchant win twice as World Snooker Championship begins - Nov 28, 2011
- Advani leads way into last 16 of World snooker - Dec 01, 2011
- Advani leads way into pre-quarters of National Snooker - Feb 02, 2012
- Snooker: Advani downs Steve Davis - Aug 21, 2012
- Advani crashes out of UK Championship - Jul 21, 2012
- Advani qualifies for International Championship - Aug 22, 2012
- Eight Indians advance to knockout stage of World Snooker - Nov 30, 2011
- Aditya Mehta wins Kolkata Open snooker - May 09, 2012
- Triple crown for Varsha in National cue sports - Jan 23, 2012
Tags: 1 john, asian games, champion, england, englishman, first game, furth, hunter classic, India, john higgins, match, mettle, momentum, pankaj advani, paul hunter, quarterfinals, scotland, snooker, victory