Pakistan’s Rehan Butt named Asia’s best hockey playerDecember 20th, 2008 - 8:50 pm ICT by IANS
Karachi, Dec 20 (IANS) Pakistan’s experienced striker Rehan Butt has been named Asia’s hockey player of the year, the Pakistan Hockey Federation (PHF) announced here Saturday.Butt, a former national captain, was picked ahead of leading players from India, South Korea and Malaysia. The Lahore-based forward was also recently selected in an All-Star World XI that was picked by the International Hockey Federation (FIH).
PHF secretary Asif Bajwa received the award on Butt’s behalf at a ceremony Saturday on the sidelines of the Asian Hockey Federation (AHF) Congress in Kuala Lumpur. Besides Bajwa, PHF president Qasim Zia also attended the Congress.
Pakistan hockey legend M.H. Atif, who passed away earlier this month, was awarded a Life Time Achievement Award by the AHF.
The Pakistani officials earlier met with hockey officials of India, China, Malaysia, South Korea, Bangladesh and Oman and they assured full support to the PHF.
- Pakistan recall rebel hockey players for Euro tour - Jun 08, 2012
- pakistan fines rebel hockey players, spares them ban - May 31, 2012
- Pakistan determined to win Azlan Shah Cup, says Imran - May 01, 2011
- Pakistan orders probe into hockey team's poor performance - Jun 06, 2012
- Pakistan delegation to visit India for hockey revival - Aug 28, 2012
- Pakistan drop seniors for Asian Champions Trophy hockey - Aug 19, 2011
- Pak hockey players get show-cause notice over WSH contracts - Apr 25, 2011
- PHF warns hockey players to leave 'controversial league' WSH or face action - Apr 22, 2011
- PHF issues show cause notices to three key players - Apr 24, 2011
- PHF warns players to stay away from World Series Hockey - Nov 15, 2011
- PHF patron Malik to work for Indo-Pak hockey series resumption - Apr 20, 2011
- Batra elected Asian Hockey Federation vice president - Jan 18, 2011
- Pakistan hockey squad quits, officials sacked after World Cup debacle (Lead) - Mar 12, 2010
- Shakeel Abbasi to lead Pakistan hockey team, Sohail Abbas back - Oct 11, 2011
- Pakistani hockey players could face action for ties with WSH - Apr 24, 2011