Pakistan team training at Lahore for England seriesJanuary 6th, 2012 - 4:31 pm ICT by IANS
Karachi, Jan 6 (IANS) Pakistan’s national cricket team has been preparing hard at its week-long training camp for the upcoming series against England scheduled in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
The training camp, under head coach Mohsin Khan, started Wednesday in the country’s eastern city of Lahore at the Gaddafi Cricket Stadium, the head office of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), Xinhua reported.
The team for the Test matches was announced Dec 26 by the chief of the national selection committee in Lahore.
Pakistan’s former captain Shoaib Malik has been dropped from the team following his poor performance during the last couple of series and replaced by young batsman Umar Akmal.
Talking to media, Pakistani team manager Mohsin Khan said that both teams “are well balanced, thus fans will get to watch a tightly contested series.”
The PCB has given specific and strict instructions to its players to focus only on the game and avoid any kind of controversy during the matches against England.
The Pakistani team has been performing well and are unbeaten since September last, winning series against the West Indies, Zimbabwe, Ireland, Sri Lanka, and Bangladesh.
Pakistan have been playing home series at the UAE due to security concerns at home.
Pakistan are scheduled to play three Test matches, four One-Day Internationals and two Twenty20 matches against England. The first Test starts Jan 17.
- Pakistan start training for Sri Lanka series - Oct 12, 2011
- Stop being selfish, Mohsin Khan tells Akmal - Oct 17, 2011
- PCB recalls Younus to Test and T20 squads, overlooks Malik, Akmal, Yousuf - Dec 01, 2010
- Conditions in UAE will favour Pakistan: Misbah - Jan 08, 2012
- PCB summons Mohsin after he threatens to quit (Lead) - May 04, 2011
- Whatmore to coach Pakistan's cricket team - Mar 03, 2012
- I will instill self-belief in Pakistan team: Coach Mohsin - Oct 04, 2011
- Pakistan drop Riaz over spot-fixing links - Nov 21, 2011
- Pakistan to face Sri Lanka and England in UAE - Jun 21, 2011
- Pakistan leave for UAE to play against Sri Lanka - Oct 15, 2011
- Another PCB mismanagement gaffe causes confusion over Younis's selection - Oct 21, 2010
- Pakistan selectors retain Shoaib Malik for Sri Lanka series - Oct 03, 2011
- Bookie reveals Pak players Wahab, Kamran, Umar, Imran also involved in spot-fixing - Dec 01, 2010
- 15-member Pak squad announced for Test series against Windies - May 03, 2011
- Younus Khan likely to join 'scandal-hit' Pak team for England ODIs - Aug 31, 2010
Tags: cricket stadium, england series, first test, gaddafi, head coach, lahore pakistan, mohsin khan, national cricket team, national selection committee, one day internationals, pakistan cricket board, pakistan cricket board pcb, pakistan team, play three, poor performance, strict instructions, test matches, umar, united arab emirates, xinhua