Pakistan plays warm up tie with Delhi teamNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:17 am ICT by admin
The visitors jumped straight into action with their only warm-up one-day match against the Delhi Ranji team.
India opening batsman Virender Sehwag, recalled to the one-day team after being sidelined due to poor form, missed the warm-up match following his father’s death two days ago.
Arun Jaitley, President of the Delhi and Districts Cricket Association, said all necessary security measure have been taken for the match.
“Security has been a concern in India Pakistan series. The police has been very cooperative with us. Our only pressure is the numbers of people who want to come and see is very large,” he said.
Pakistan, who last won a Test series in India in 1986, will be in action straightaway with a warm-up one-day match against the Delhi Ranji team on Friday.
The Pakistan team squad for the series include, Shoaib Malik (Captain) Younis Khan (Vice Captain), Abdur Rehman, Fawad Alam, Iftikhar Anjum, Imran Nazir, Kamran Akmal (Wicket Keeper), Misbah-ul-Haq, Mohammad Yousuf, Salman Butt Shahid Afridi, Shoaib Akhtar Sohail Tanvir , Umar Gul Yasir Hameed. (ANI)
- Pakistan pick new faces for Zimbabwe tour - Jul 28, 2011
- Pakistan announce World Cup squad without a captain - Jan 18, 2011
- Pakistan recall Shoaib Akhtar for Australia series - Apr 06, 2009
- End of road looms for Misbah after axe from all three squads - Oct 23, 2009
- Akmal rejoicing return to Pakistan team - Jan 05, 2011
- Pakistan drop Riaz over spot-fixing links - Nov 21, 2011
- Intikhab confident of Pakistan's good show in World Twenty20 - May 30, 2009
- Kamran, Razzaq, Younus omitted from Pak squad for West Indies tour - Apr 06, 2011
- Pakistan cricketers starts preparations for upcoming Sri Lanka tour - May 17, 2012
- Malik axed from Pakistan's Asia Cup side; Jamshed, Sarfraz recalled - Mar 03, 2012
- Tanvir to lead Pakistan side against Afghanistan - May 18, 2011
- PCB recalls Younus to Test and T20 squads, overlooks Malik, Akmal, Yousuf - Dec 01, 2010
- Pakistan snubs ICL players for T20 World Cup - May 04, 2009
- Kiwi-Pak Test series just an entree for one-dayers - Jan 06, 2011
- Misbah's appointment as Pak Test captain shocking: Akram - Oct 10, 2010
Tags: abdur rehman, anjum, cricket association, fawad, imran nazir, India, kamran akmal, misbah, mohammad yousuf, necessary security, pakistan team, salman butt, shahid afridi, shoaib akhtar, shoaib malik, straightaway, virender sehwag, warm up match, wicket keeper, yasir hameed