Pakistan in a ‘easy’ group for 2009 Twenty20 World CupNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:14 am ICT by admin
The groups were announced by the ICC after a meeting of its Executive Board in Dubai.
The board carried out a discussion on the groupings of the 2009 Twenty20 World Championship following a request by the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB).
The board reached the conclusion that enough matches not have been played in this format at the international level, the only way to determine the groupings at this stage is through the finishing positions in 2007 Twenty20 World Cup held in South Africa.
India beat Pakistan in the final of the tournament and has been placed in an easy Group A with Test minnows Bangladesh and Zimbabwe. (ANI)
- ICC reinstates minnows in Cricket World Cup (Lead) - Jun 28, 2011
- Adil Rashid to replace Yardy in England squad - Mar 24, 2011
- Latif supports ICC's 10-team structure for 2015 World Cup - Apr 25, 2011
- Dilshan, Tendulkar and Gambhir all rise in ICC rankings - Apr 04, 2011
- ICC announces 2012 World T20 schedule - Sep 21, 2011
- Minnows back only in 2015 World Cup, 2019 will have 10 teams (Roundup) - Jun 28, 2011
- Afridi set sights on World Twenty20 - Apr 15, 2011
- Pak to play more 'home' series at neutral venues 'until security situation is clear': Subhan - Dec 26, 2010
- Ireland furious over ICC's decision to reduce 2015 World Cup to 10 teams - Apr 05, 2011
- Kaneria not cleared, say ICC and PCB - Feb 20, 2012
- ICC increases participating teams for World Twenty20 - Apr 16, 2012
- Sachin, Gambhir nominated for ICC Awards - Aug 26, 2011
- Tainted Pakistan trio may have to fend for itself - Nov 04, 2010
- World champions India still second in ICC ODI team rankings - Apr 04, 2011
- Pakistan looking to blood youngsters in T20 team - Jul 18, 2011
Tags: associate, bangladesh, dubai, ecb, england and wales cricket board, face england, groupings, india beat, international level, johannesburg, minnows, pakistan, south africa, t20, twenty20, wales cricket board, world cup, zimbabwe