Pakistan Hockey Federation appoints Shahid Ali Khan as coachFebruary 13th, 2009 - 7:57 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Feb.13 (ANI): The Pakistan Hockey Federation (PHF) has appointed former goalkeeper Shahid Ali Khan as the new head coach of the national side, replacing Ayaz Mahmood.
PHF President Qasim Zia made the announcement on Friday.
Qasim disclosed that Shahid Ali Khan was appointed after PIA did not release Ayaz Mahmood, who was earlier appointed as coach.
According to the Dawn, current PHF General Secretary Asif Bajwa has been appointed the manager of national hockey team.
According to the PHF, Kamran Ashraf and Shahbaz Junior will assist Khan. (ANI)
- Pakistan hockey squad quits, officials sacked after World Cup debacle (Lead) - Mar 12, 2010
- Shakeel Abbasi to lead Pakistan hockey team, Sohail Abbas back - Oct 11, 2011
- Pakistan delegation to visit India for hockey revival - Aug 28, 2012
- Heuvel returns to Pak to coach hockey team till 2012 Olympics after contract revision - Feb 04, 2011
- Pakistan drop seniors for Asian Champions Trophy hockey - Aug 19, 2011
- PHF appoints Junaid hockey coach as foreign coaches refuse to work in 'violent' Pak - Apr 17, 2010
- PHF patron Malik to work for Indo-Pak hockey series resumption - Apr 20, 2011
- pakistan fines rebel hockey players, spares them ban - May 31, 2012
- Pakistan appoint Khwaja Junaid as hockey coach - Apr 16, 2010
- Pakistan hockey selectors, officials sacked - Mar 11, 2010
- Pakistan recall rebel hockey players for Euro tour - Jun 08, 2012
- No green signal for Indian hockey team's tour to Pakistan - Apr 04, 2012
- Pakistan confident of resuming international hockey during 2011 - Apr 27, 2011
- Pakistan orders probe into hockey team's poor performance - Jun 06, 2012
- Pakistan determined to win Azlan Shah Cup, says Imran - May 01, 2011