Pakistan cricket team to tour Sri Lanka in JuneApril 30th, 2012 - 5:58 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, April 30 (IANS) The Pakistan national cricket team is set to play 10 matches against Sri Lanka in a seven-week-long tour which is to start June 1.
An official from the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) told Xinhua Monday that the Pakistan squad would start its tour June 1 by playing the first Twenty20 (T20) match against hosts Sri Lanka at the Mahinda Rajapakse International Stadium in Hambantota.
The second and last T20 match will also be held at the same venue before the teams leave for Pallekele International Cricket Stadium, Kandy for the first two One-day International matches (ODIs) of a five-match series.
The Premadasa International Cricket Stadium in Colombo will host the remaining matches of the ODI series.
Later on, Pakistan will play a three-match Test series against the home side at Galle International Cricket Stadium June 22, Sinhalese Sports Club, Colombo June 30 and Pallekele July 8.
Pakistan last toured Sri Lanka in 2009 when they lost the Test series to the hosts 0-2. Pakistan will go into the series high in confidence after their 1-0 victory in a three-Test match series against the Lankans in the United Arab Emirates (neutral venue) in October 2011.
Since 1982, both teams have played 40 Tests out of which Pakistan won 16 and lost nine while 15 were drawn.
PCB has not announced the squad for the tour but, according to officials, the squad might be finalized during the second week of May after the fitness and performance tests of the players.
- Pakistan cricketers starts preparations for upcoming Sri Lanka tour - May 17, 2012
- Cash strapped Sri Lanka board reduces budget for Australia's tour - Jun 26, 2011
- India need a whitewash of Sri Lanka to be No. 1 ODI team - Jul 19, 2012
- ICC announces 2012 World T20 schedule - Sep 21, 2011
- Sri Lankan Cricket left with huge 23 m dollar debt after World Cup - Apr 12, 2011
- Pakistan to face Sri Lanka and England in UAE - Jun 21, 2011
- India defeat Sri Lanka by 21 runs - Jul 22, 2012
- Sri Lanka refuse to tour Pakistan - May 24, 2011
- Pakistan names cricket squad for T20 World Cup - Jul 18, 2012
- Pakistan to have full-fledged Bangladesh tour in December-January - Apr 23, 2011
- Pak to play more 'home' series at neutral venues 'until security situation is clear': Subhan - Dec 26, 2010
- Win in Sri Lanka will restore our reputation: White - Aug 05, 2011
- Pakistan leave for UAE to play against Sri Lanka - Oct 15, 2011
- Women's cricket: Bangladesh shock South Africa by two wickets - Sep 07, 2012
- Pakistan tour: Bangladesh Cricket Board satisfied with security - Mar 05, 2012
Tags: cricket stadium, galle international, international cricket, islamabad, kandy, mahinda rajapakse, national cricket team, neutral venue, odi series, pakistan cricket board, pakistan cricket board pcb, pakistan cricket team, performance tests, premadasa, sinhalese sports club, test match, test series, twenty20, united arab emirates, xinhua