Pakistan cricket team reaches ChandigarhMarch 25th, 2011 - 8:58 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, March 25 (IANS) Led by skipper Shahid Afridi, the Pakistan cricket team arrived here Friday for their World Cup semifinal clash against India at the Punjab Cricket Association (PCA) stadium in Mohali Wednesday.
Pakistani players including Mohammad Hafeez, Kamran Akmal, Younis Khan, Umar Gul and Shoib Akhtar reached the hotel Taj with scores of police and other security personnel providing them cover.
Security personnel lined both sides of the stretch between the Chandigarh airport and the hotel.
“We have made foolproof security cover both inside and outside the hotel where the Pakistan team is staying. We have issued a list of do’s and don’ts to the players and team officials. We have told them to inform us if they want to go out of the hotel,” Chandigarh Senior Superintendent of Police H.S. Doon said.
- Playing India motivates Pakistan, says Intikhab (Lead) - Mar 25, 2011
- Manmohan, Zardari, Gilani to watch cricket -- for peace (Roundup) - Mar 25, 2011
- Manmohan invites Zardari, Gilani for cricket -- and peace (Intro Roundup) - Mar 25, 2011
- Manmohan invites Zardari, Gilani for cricket -- and peace (Night Intro) - Mar 26, 2011
- India bat against Pakistan in World Cup semifinal - Mar 30, 2011
- India cricket team arrives Chandigarh - Mar 26, 2011
- Pakistan elect to bat against Sri Lanka - Feb 26, 2011
- Mohali, the nearest Pakistan can play from home (Lead) - Mar 29, 2011
- World Cup: Pakistan make slow start against Kenya - Feb 23, 2011
- 230 km from Lahore, the nearest Pakistan can hope to play from home - Mar 29, 2011
- West Indies to bat against Pakistan - Mar 23, 2011
- 3,000 cops pad up for India-Pakistan match - Mar 27, 2011
- Pakistan drop Riaz over spot-fixing links - Nov 21, 2011
- World Cup scoreboard: India vs. Pakistan, 2nd semifinal - Mar 31, 2011
- It will be India's batting vs Pakistan's bowling (Preview) - Mar 29, 2011
Tags: clash, doon, foolproof security, kamran akmal, march 25, mohali, mohammad hafeez, pakistan cricket team, pakistan team, pca stadium, punjab cricket association, security personnel, shahid afridi, shoib akhtar, skipper, superintendent, team officials, umar gul, world cup semifinal, younis khan