Pakistan cricket captain Malik, Younis Khan and Mohammad Asif sign up for IPLNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:32 am ICT by admin
The IPL will start around April 16 after the completion of South Africa’s tour of India, Modi said after the IPL’s first governing council meeting in Mumbai on Thursday.
The BCCI Vice President said the tournament would run for 44 days with a total of 59 matches, including two semi finals and a final.
“Two matches will be held per day, at 5 and 8 p m, at different centres. The eight franchisee teams will have the option of playing with four foreign players on the ground but can sign up more if they want,” Modi said.
“All the players have been approached individually by the IPL and the contracts negotiated. They have signed a three-year contract,” said Modi.
He clarified that the running of the IPL would in no way impact the holding of tournaments like the Asia Cup scheduled to be held in Pakistan in April-May, 2008.
The meeting was chaired by Modi and was attended by BCCI chief Sharad Pawar, former Board president I S Bindra, two other vice presidents Chirayu Amin and Rajeev Shukla, Delhi and Districts Cricket Association chief Arun Jaitley and former India captains Sunil Manohar Gavaskar and Ravi Shastri, as part of the governing council. (ANI)
- Chirayu Amin IPL interim chief, Modi chargesheeted on five counts (Roundup) - Apr 26, 2010
- Amin is IPL interim chairman; Manohar assures fair Modi trial (Lead) - Apr 26, 2010
- Chirayu Amin takes over as interim IPL chairman - Apr 26, 2010
- BCCI may appoint interim panel to run IPL (Lead) - Apr 26, 2010
- IPL Governing Council meets, sans Modi - Apr 26, 2010
- IPL Governing Council to decide Modi's fate Monday (Lead) - Apr 20, 2010
- Sunil Gavaskar dropped from IPL Governing Council - Sep 29, 2010
- Sunil Gavaskar not part of new IPL Governing Council - Sep 29, 2010
- Srinivasan takes charge as BCCI president; terminates Kochi's contract (Lead) - Sep 19, 2011
- Srinivasan set to be BCCI president-elect - Sep 28, 2010
- IPL Governing Council meets to discuss Modi's role in bidding - Apr 26, 2010
- Modi boxed into corner, BCCI out to oust him? - Apr 19, 2010
- Gavaskar slams BCCI for u-turn on his contract - Dec 13, 2011
- BCCI gives in, Sahara India back as Team India sponsor (Lead) - Feb 16, 2012
- New and revamped IPL season to kick-off Friday - Apr 07, 2011
Tags: asia cup, bcci, chirayu amin, cricket association, cricket captain, former board, governing council, India, international players, ipl, lalit, modi, mohammad asif, pakistan cricket, ravi shastri, sharad pawar, vice president, younis khan