Pakistan all set to cancel hockey team’s India visitDecember 19th, 2008 - 9:08 pm ICT by IANS
Karachi, Dec 19 (IANS) In a retaliatory move, Pakistan is all set to call off its hockey team’s visit to India for a quadrangular tournament February following India’s cancellation of the cricket tour.Sources in Pakistan’s Sports Ministry said Friday the authorities will not clear the visit of the national hockey team because of strained relations with India in the wake of last month’s Mumbai terror attacks.
Pakistan’s Sports Minister Aftab Jilani has already stated that the PHF should cancel the India visit following the scrapping of the much-awaited cricket series.
PHF president Qasim Zia made it clear Friday that the federation will go by the government decison.
Speaking from Kuala Lumpur, where he is to attend the Asian Hockey Federation (AHF) Congress Saturday, Zia said the fate of India tour is now in the hands of the government.
Pakistan was to play in the Indian tournament alongside world and Olympic champions Germany and the Netherlands, besides hosts.
- Pakistan delegation to visit India for hockey revival - Aug 28, 2012
- Pakistan orders probe into hockey team's poor performance - Jun 06, 2012
- Pakistan recall rebel hockey players for Euro tour - Jun 08, 2012
- No green signal for Indian hockey team's tour to Pakistan - Apr 04, 2012
- Hockey tour to India in Pak Governments hand, says PHF chief - Dec 20, 2008
- PHF patron Malik to work for Indo-Pak hockey series resumption - Apr 20, 2011
- Indian hockey team likely to tour Pakistan at 2011 end: Asif Bajwa - Apr 09, 2011
- Shakeel Abbasi to lead Pakistan hockey team, Sohail Abbas back - Oct 11, 2011
- pakistan fines rebel hockey players, spares them ban - May 31, 2012
- Pakistan hockey chief says keen on bilateral ties with India - Oct 11, 2011
- Batra elected Asian Hockey Federation vice president - Jan 18, 2011
- Decision over visits to India Friday: Pakistan sports minister - Dec 30, 2008
- Veteran Zeeshan Ashraf left out of Pakistan hockey squad - May 21, 2011
- Abbottabad fast becoming no-go area for sports - May 21, 2011
- Pakistan keen on reviving hockey series with India - Oct 28, 2010