Pak Foreign Office bars cricket players from visiting India for IPL auctionFebruary 2nd, 2009 - 6:29 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Feb.2 (ANI): The Pakistan Foreign Office has asked its international cricket players not to visit India citing security concerns, The News reports.
According to a statement issued by the Foreign Office here, five players namely Yasir Hameed, Danish Kaneria, Asim Kamal, Mohammad Hafiz and Yasir Arafat have been advised not to travel to India.
The players were scheduled to visit India to take part in the auction of players for the Twenty20 extravanza, the Indian Premier League (IPL).
The three-point advisory issued from the foreign ministry, while hinting at the strained Indo-Pak relations in the wake of the Mumbai attacks, says that India has not given any security guarantee to Pakistani players, so it would be not safe for them to travel there.
However, the Pakistan Sports Ministry had earlier given permission to the players to visit India for the IPL auction. (ANI)
- Pakistan players not to participate in Indian Premier League: Lalit Modi - Feb 02, 2009
- Pakistan bars its cricketers from IPL (Lead) - Feb 02, 2009
- Pakistan bars its cricketers from IPL - Feb 02, 2009
- Ex-Indian cricketers differ on banning Pakistan players from IPL - Jan 30, 2009
- Pakistan tops the list in IPL auction registration - Jan 03, 2010
- Kaneria likely to be "unavailable for whole series" in UAE: Intikhab Alam - Nov 08, 2010
- PCB rejects Kaneria's plea - May 18, 2011
- Kamran, Naved in 30-man preliminary Pak World Cup squad - Jan 05, 2011
- Younis ignored for Pak teams for England tour - Jun 21, 2010
- India- Pakistan Water Secretaries to meet on May 11 - May 04, 2011
- "PCB has given no reason as yet why I was stopped from travelling to UAE": Kaneria - Nov 10, 2010
- Afridi, Akmal not in new PCB contracts - Aug 08, 2011
- Banned Younis, Malik and ageing Akhtar in PCB's list of 35 probables for Asia Cup - May 26, 2010
- Eighty-seven overseas players for IPL auction - Jan 29, 2009
- Pakistan select five rookies for Test against Sri Lanka - Feb 18, 2009
Tags: asim kamal, auction, cricket players, danish kaneria, feb 2, foreign ministry, foreign office, hafiz, indo, international cricket, mohammad, pakistan sports, premier league, security concerns, security guarantee, sports ministry, twenty20, visiting india, yasir arafat