Pak fans upset over team’s dismal show in 20-20 warm-up gamesJune 7th, 2009 - 2:21 pm ICT by ANI
Karachi, Jun.7 (ANI): Cricket fans in Pakistan have expressed disappointment over the team’s dismal show ahead of the ICC Twenty20 World Championship in England.
Pakistan’s back to back defeats in two practice matches against South Africa and India has saddened fans. They believe the team lacks the class and ability to compete with India, South Africa or New Zealand.
“We don’t have a team that could compete against the likes of India and South Africa. They learnt a lot from the second version of IPL.Moreover, Pakistan team is itself is not in a good form. They were completely outclassed by South Africa and India in the warm-up match,” said a student Asif Ahmed Khan.
“I don’t think we could even make it to the semi-finals. I think India, South Africa, New Zealand and Australia will find their place in pre-finals. Pakistan is completely out-of-form. Who would be able to perform on Pakistani side that could be compared with India’s Gautham Gambhir, Yuvraj or Dhoni and South Africa’s Gibbs and Kallis. They are in top form after their IPL assignment,” The Nation quoted a teacher, Munawar Qureshi, as saying.
Many feel that rebel players like Imran Nazir,Abdul Razzaq, and Naved-ul-Hasan should have been included in the team.
“Imran Nazir and Abdul Razzaq should have been included in the team. These two players would have delivered the team. There is no one in the Pakistani team who could play better T20 form better than these two,” said Mohammad Ali, a banker.
South Africa thrashed Pakistan by 59 runs in their first warm-up match, while India had registered an emphatic nine wicket win in the second practice match.
Pakistan are to take on hosts England in their first match of the tournament at the Oval on Sunday (today). (ANI)
- Australia, Pakistan will look to finish at top of Group A (Preview) - Mar 18, 2011
- Pakistan names cricket squad for T20 World Cup - Jul 18, 2012
- No takers for Pakistani players at IPL auction - Jan 19, 2010
- Lawson to assist Afghan under-19 World Cup team - Jul 12, 2012
- ICC announces schedule of warm-up matches ahead of World 20-20 championships - Apr 15, 2010
- Misbah dropped from New Zealand series - Oct 22, 2009
- Shoaib Malik to lead Pakistan in Hong Kong - Oct 18, 2010
- Pakistan players to be favourites at IPL auction - Jan 18, 2010
- 51 cricketers shortlisted for IPL auction - Jan 07, 2010
- Pakistan recall Asif for Champions Trophy - Aug 21, 2009
- Pakistan recall rebel hockey players for Euro tour - Jun 08, 2012
- End of road looms for Misbah after axe from all three squads - Oct 23, 2009
- India pin hopes on batsmen, Pakistan on bowlers (Roundup) - Mar 29, 2011
- Pakistan hockey team leaves for Olympics - Jul 13, 2012
- ICC confirms squads for World Twenty20 - Aug 25, 2012
Tags: cricket fans, dhoni, gambhir, gautham, hasan, icc twenty20 world championship, india south, ipl, mohammad ali, naved, nazir, pak fans, pakistan team, qureshi, rebel players, semi finals, twenty20 world championship, warm up games, wicket, yuvraj