Paes-Vesnina, Bhupathi-Sania in mixed doubles 2nd roundMay 31st, 2012 - 1:49 am ICT by IANS
Paris, May 31 (IANS) India’s Leander Paes and his Russian partner Elena Vesnina and two other Indians Mahesh Bhupathi and Sania Mirza are through to the second round of the mixed doubles at the French Open with straight-set victories.
The fifth-seeded Paes and Vesnina cruised past Czech pair Lucie Hardecka and Frantisek Cermak 6-1, 6-1 in 49 minutes here Wednesday.
Bhupathi and Sania had to work a bit more to get the better of Americans Raquel Kops-Jones and Eric Butorac 6-4, 6-2.
The seventh-seeded Indians, the 2010 Australian Open champions, did just enough to beat the American pair in a little over an hour.
- Bhupathi-Bopanna shocked in French Open first round - May 31, 2012
- French Open: Sania-Vesnina in women's doubles second round - May 25, 2011
- US Open: Sania-Bethanie in third round - Sep 02, 2012
- Sania-Vesnina knocked out, Paes-Stepanek through to semi-finals - Jan 25, 2012
- Australian Open: Sania-Vesnina lose, Paes-Stepanek reach semis (Lead) - Jan 25, 2012
- US Open: Paes, Sania lose in mixed doubles - Sep 04, 2012
- Australian Open: Paes-Stepanek, Sania-Bhupathi in semis (Roundup) - Jan 25, 2012
- Paes-Peya knocked out of French Open - Jun 02, 2012
- French Open: Paes, Bhupathi in mixed doubles second round - May 26, 2011
- Wimbledon: Bhupathi in mixed doubles semifinal; Sania, Paes lose - Jul 02, 2011
- Bhupathi-Bopanna in second round of Miami Masters - Mar 25, 2012
- French Open: Sania-Bhupathi in final, Paes-Vesnina knocked out (Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
- Paes in mixed quarters, beaten in men's doubles (Roundup) - Jun 03, 2012
- Rogers Cup: Sania falters at final qualifying round - Aug 08, 2011
- Australian Open: Sania-Vesnina surprise Raymond-Huber to enter semis - Jan 24, 2012