Paes-Stepanek steamroll into US Open semisSeptember 6th, 2012 - 3:29 pm ICT by IANS
New York, Sep 6 (IANS) Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek steamrolled into the US Open semifinals defeating Julian Knowle and Filip Polasek in a rain-affected men’s doubles quarterfinal here at the Flushing Meadows.
The fifth seeds, who led 6-2, 1-0 when rain stopped play Tuesday, wrapped up the match Wednesday by winning the second set 6-4. The Indo-Czech pair meet Spain’s sixth seeds Marcel Granollers and Marc Lopez for a place in the final.
Granollers and Lopez beat Austria’s Alexander Peya and Brazilian Bruno Soares 6-3, 6-4 in another quarterfinal.
Paes and Stepanek made full use of their first serves, winning 81 percent of the points on it. They were able to convert two of the five break point opportunities and did not let the Austrian and Slovakian duo get a single break point.
- Bhupathi-Bopanna, Paes-Stepanek advance to Miami quarters - Mar 27, 2012
- US Open: Paes-Stepanek face Bryan brothers in final - Sep 07, 2012
- US Open: Paes-Stepanek set-up final clash with Bryan brothers (Lead) - Sep 07, 2012
- Indian Wells: Paes-Stepanek reach quarters, to meet Lopez-Nadal - Mar 14, 2012
- U.S. Open: Paes-Stepanek in third round - Sep 01, 2012
- Paes-Stepanek knocked out of Indian Wells - Mar 15, 2012
- Australian Open: Paes-Stepanek, Sania-Bhupathi in semis (Roundup) - Jan 25, 2012
- US Open: Paes-Stepanek win, Bhupathi-Bopanna knocked out - Aug 30, 2012
- Bhupathi-Bopanna toil; Paes-Stepanek cruise into second round - Jan 18, 2012
- Sania-Vesnina knocked out, Paes-Stepanek through to semi-finals - Jan 25, 2012
Tags: alexander, alexander peya, break point, bruno soares, indo, julian knowle, leander paes, marc lopez, marcel granollers, match, point opportunities, polasek, radek stepanek, rain stopped play, seeds, spain