Paes-Dlouhy in Rotterdam finalFebruary 15th, 2009 - 5:03 pm ICT by IANS
Rotterdam, Feb 15 (IANS) India’s Leander Paes and Czech Lukas Dlouhy knocked out fourth seeds Julian Knowle of Austria and Andy Ram of Israel 6-2, 7-6(4) to enter the final of the World Tennis Tournament.
The second-seeded Indo-Czech pair saved three of the four break points and broke serve three times in the 73-minute match.
It is Paes and Dlouhy’s first ATP tour final of the season. The duo made a first round exit in Chennai Open before reaching to the semi-final of the Australian Open.
In the final, they will play top seed Canadian Daniel Nestor and Serb Nenad Zimonjic who beat defending champion Tomas Berdych and Jurgen Melzer 6-3, 6-2 .
–Indo-Asian New s Service
- Paes-Bhupathi and Bopanna-Qureshi in quarterfinals - Aug 19, 2011
- French Open: Paes on course for his 12th Grand Slam - Jun 03, 2010
- Sania and Paes move up, Bhupathi-Bopanna lose (Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- Paes-Bhupathi out of Shanghai Masters - Oct 15, 2011
- French Open: Paes loses in doubles final (Lead) - Jun 06, 2010
- Bhupathi-Mirnyi in second round of Paris Masters - Nov 11, 2010
- Paes-Bhupathi in the Sony Ericsson Open doubles final - Apr 01, 2011
- Paes-Bhupathi advance to semis, Bopanna-Qureshi out - Aug 20, 2011
- Rogers Cup: Sania, Paes, Bhupathi and Bopanna move up - Aug 10, 2012
- Bhupathi-Bopanna, Paes-Stepanek advance to Miami quarters - Mar 27, 2012
- Paes-Stepanek in finals, Mahesh-Bhupathi out - Mar 30, 2012
- Wimbledon: Paes-Bhupathi, Somdev and Sania advance in doubles - Jun 25, 2011
- Rogers Cup: Paes-Melzer in semis, Sania-Bethanie exit - Aug 12, 2012
- Paes-Dlouhy lose Rotterdam final - Feb 15, 2009
- Paes-Bhupathi in semis; Bopanna-Qureshi ousted in Miami - Mar 31, 2011
Tags: andy ram, atp tour, australian open, break points, daniel nestor, defending champion, dg, indo, julian knowle, jurgen melzer, leander paes, lukas dlouhy, nenad zimonjic, rotterdam, seeds, serb, tennis tournament, three times, tomas berdych, world tennis