Paes, Bhupathi advance in French Open doubles (Lead)May 30th, 2009 - 9:11 pm ICT by IANS
Paris, May 30 (IANS) Mahesh Bhupathi and his Bahamian partner Mark Knowles entered the third round while Leander Paes and Czech Lukas Dlouhy booked a place among the last eight in the French Open tennis doubles here Saturday.
The fourth-seeded pair of Bhupathi and Knowles were stretched to three sets by Swede Johan Brunstrom and Dutch Jean-Julien Rojer before winning 7-5, 6-7(4), 7-6(3) in nearly two and a half hours.
Earlier in the day, Paes and Dlouhy overcame Frenchmen Julien Benneteau and Nicolas Mahut 7-6(4), 6-3 to enter the quarter-finals.
With the games going with the serve, the first set went into a tie-breaker which was clinched by the third-seeded Paes and Dlouhy.
The Indo-Czech pair then needed just a break of serve to take the second set and the match in 95 minutes.
Paes and Douhy next play fifth seeds Bruno Soares of Brazil and Zimbabwean Kevin Ullyett who rallied to beat Czech Jaroslav Levinsky and Slovak Igor Zelenay 3-6, 6-4, 7-6(6).
- Paes and Dlouhy in French Open quarter-finals - May 30, 2009
- Paes-Dlouhy advance to second round - May 28, 2010
- Good day for Indians in Australian Open - Jan 20, 2012
- Paes-Dlouhy, Bhupathi-Mirnyi advance at Miami - Mar 29, 2010
- Bhupathi-Bopanna knocked out of Australian Open (Lead) - Jan 22, 2012
- Olympic tennis: Paes-Vardhan, Bhupathi-Bopanna in second round (Third Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Paes-Bhupathi and Bopanna-Qureshi in quarterfinals - Aug 19, 2011
- Tough draw for Indians in men's doubles tennis - Jul 26, 2012
- Paes, Bopanna out of Toronto Masters - Aug 12, 2010
- French Open: Paes-Dlouhy seeded third, Bhupathi-Mirnyi fifth - May 24, 2010
- Bhupathi-Bopanna start Olympics campaign with win (Second Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- French Open: Paes-Dlouhy advance, Bhupathi-Mirnyi out - May 29, 2010
- US Open: Paes-Stepanek face Bryan brothers in final - Sep 07, 2012
- Bhupathi-Paes through to Australian Open final - Jan 27, 2011
- Paes-Dlouhy in Australian Open third round - Jan 23, 2010
Tags: bruno soares, french open, french open doubles, french open tennis, frenchmen, jaroslav levinsky, jean julien, julien benneteau, kevin ullyett, leander paes, mahesh bhupathi, mark knowles, nicolas mahut, partner mark, quarter finals, rojer, tie breaker, two and a half hours, winning 7, zimbabwean