Pacer Stuart Clark to miss Proteas tour due to recurrence of elbow injury

January 29th, 2009 - 1:16 pm ICT by ANI  

Sydney, Jan.29 (ANI): Australian fast bowler Stuart Clark has been ruled out of next month’’s cricket tour of South Africa following a setback with his troublesome elbow.
National selectors” chairman Andrew Hilditch said his panel wasn”t prepared to risk Clark’’s fitness following recent surgery with such a heavy playing schedule for the national team over the coming 12 months.
The NSW bowler had earlier been forced to pull out of the Sheffield Shield match against Tasmania starting in Newcastle on Friday because of swelling to the elbow he had surgery on last month.
The 33-year-old had surgery six weeks ago to remove bone spurs from his right elbow and took four wickets on his return to action for Sydney University on Sunday.
Given the schedule of the Australian team over the next 12 months, including an Ashes series, the selection panel will be taking a conservative approach in regards to the management of Stuart’’s recovery and his return to cricket, Hilditch said in a statement.
Stuart has outlined he hopes to play again for New South Wales at the end of February, a decision that will be made in close consultation with Australian and New South Wales medical staff. Unfortunately due to this Stuart will not be considered for selection in the Test squad for South Africa which will be announced next week and leaves for South Africa on February 16,”” he added. (ANI)

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in Sports |

Subscribe