Ozil has raised his game at Real: LoewJune 8th, 2012 - 11:42 pm ICT by IANS
Lviv (Ukraine), June 8 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Germany’s attacking midfielder Mesut Ozil has raised his game under Jose Mourinho at Real Madrid, national team coach Joachim Loew said Friday.
The 23-year-old has grown into one of Europe’s top playmakers since switching to the Spanish giants from Werder Bremen in 2010, a change not lost on Loew.
“In these two years at Real Madrid, he’s really developed as a player,” Loew said Friday ahead of Germany’s Euro 2012 opener against Portugal here Saturday.
“He has just fantastic skills, and he has also developed as a person to become more mature,” Loew added.
Ozil has described this past season as his best ever after helping Real to their first title since 2009.
He has played for the national team since 2009, scoring eight times in 33 games. He has 10 goals in 71 appearances for Real.
- Germans jittery but fully fit for Euro 2012 - Jun 08, 2012
- German coach thanks Mourinho for win - Jun 10, 2012
- Germany must improve: Man of Match Ozil - Jun 10, 2012
- Champions League defeat a thing of past: Thomas Muller - Jun 08, 2012
- Low expects defensive Greece in quarters - Jun 18, 2012
- German coach Loew drops Cacau from Euro 2012 squad - May 29, 2012
- Germany reveal provisional squad for Euro 2012 - May 08, 2012
- Germany's Gomez breaks deadlock for win over Portugal (Lead) - Jun 10, 2012
- We were disciplined for brutal Euro 2012 opener: Loew - Jun 10, 2012
- Oezil, Khedira asked to learn English or Spanish by Mourinho - Sep 01, 2010
- Euro 2012: Italy were 'cleverer' than Germany, says Loew - Jun 29, 2012
- Portugal calm despite win-or-bust Denmark test - Jun 13, 2012
- Portugal's Postiga wants better service against Danes - Jun 13, 2012
- We are not the favourites: German soccer coach - Jun 02, 2012
- Czech defender Selassie joins Werder - Jun 22, 2012